Recycle Bin & Active Desktop

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Struggling a little here.

I can't seem to hide the recycle bin and keep active desktop items visible on my desktop.

Tried the NoDesktop tweak and the one that removes just the recycle bin but it keeps taking 4 active desktop items I need with it.

Anyway got any other methods I can try to send the recycle bin to the recycler?

Right click the desktop, "Arrange Icons By", uncheck "Show Desktop Icons"

Or using TweakUI: Desktop, uncheck all.

Ok that was freakishly easy, rep incoming.

Now I just feel silly, but my project is complete :D

Or you could add it to the folder options.

“Listing 3 does just that. It extends Folder Options by adding an option for showing the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop. Customizing the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder is how you add options to this dialog box. Advanced users can use this key as a guide for how to extend it. Beginners can use this script to add an option for the Recycle Bin icon: Save Listing 3 below in the text file Binopt.reg and then double-click it. After importing Binopt.reg into the registry, a new option is listed in the Folder Options dialog box that lets you configure the Recycle Bin icon, as shown in Figure 1.”

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\RecycleBinOnDesktop]
"RegPath"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\HideDesktopIcons\\NewStartPanel"
"Text"="Show Recycle Bin icon on the desktop"
"Type"="checkbox"
"ValueName"="{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"
"CheckedValue"=dword:00000000
"UncheckedValue"=dword:00000001
"DefaultValue"=dword:00000001
"HKeyRoot"=dword:80000001

Adding recycle bin to folder options, option number 3 on page.

Microsoft

This works very well I’ve been using this tweak for a long time.

Or you could add it to the folder options.

“Listing 3 does just that. It extends Folder Options by adding an option for showing the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop. Customizing the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder is how you add options to this dialog box. Advanced users can use this key as a guide for how to extend it. Beginners can use this script to add an option for the Recycle Bin icon: Save Listing 3 below in the text file Binopt.reg and then double-click it. After importing Binopt.reg into the registry, a new option is listed in the Folder Options dialog box that lets you configure the Recycle Bin icon, as shown in Figure 1.”

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\RecycleBinOnDesktop]
"RegPath"="Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\HideDesktopIcons\\NewStartPanel"
"Text"="Show Recycle Bin icon on the desktop"
"Type"="checkbox"
"ValueName"="{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"
"CheckedValue"=dword:00000000
"UncheckedValue"=dword:00000001
"DefaultValue"=dword:00000001
"HKeyRoot"=dword:80000001

Adding recycle bin to folder options, option number 3 on page.

Microsoft

This works very well I’ve been using this tweak for a long time.

Nice registry info

What project, do tell/show.

Yeah I'd like to see it too.

I can't show it this time, but its for a big display, basically a chassis and paslam, no keyboard mouse etc. just tight vnc ;D

wtf is paslam and how big of a display are we talking here? :cool:

-edit- I think you meant plasma? ;)

Is it like a network montioring station?

Yes and yes, got whatsup pro on there and 3 cameras streaming from all over the country, been playing with it off and on for nearly 3 years ;p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back