Recommended keyboard ( ? )

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
Wanna buy next week a keyboard , replacing my old one ..
Surelly I have to choose between brands : Microsoft & Logitech ..
I have also an Optical Intellimouse from Microsoft so I've thought same brand will look awesome under my hands ( may be wrong ? )

I would like to hear some opinions but before finishing my question I must add some devices that I don't agree :
1. Microsoft Office Keyboard ( too big for here .. )
& even the Natural Multimedia but I don't know .. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Cosmin
Wanna buy next week a keyboard , replacing my old one ..
Surelly I have to choose between brands : Microsoft & Logitech ..
I have also an Optical Intellimouse from Microsoft so I've thought same brand will look awesome under my hands ( may be wrong ? )

I would like to hear some opinions but before finishing my question I must add some devices that I don't agree :
1. Microsoft Office Keyboard ( too big for here .. )
& even the Natural Multimedia but I don't know .. :rolleyes:

I highly recommend the logitech cordless elite duo MX edition..

same as mine cept you get it with the mx700 optical wireless mouse (rf technology) which comes with a recharger in the base :)

the keyboard is fabulous in itself... very low profile... and its BLACK :D

if not the duo... just get either the bluetooth m$ keyboard or the logitech elite wireless keyboard...

Ive always found that just a quck browse around shops near you can help you to find a decent keyboard. I myself, like to have a dark-ish keyboard, if not black, then something similar..
This is my keyboard which i found on my usual spree around PCWorld (to inform, i dont tend to buy alot from PCWorld, just like to browse to see what looks good and what looks rubbish :p)

4008928117608_p01.jpg

(I do not have the mouse inserted in pic)

This keyboard is pretty old but i still find it very handy and only costs about £30. Plus, this keyboard also suits my telephone which sits right next to it so it does not look out of place. Another advantage of this model of keyboard is that it comes in many different colours

:rolleyes:

Alex:cool:

I've been using the MS Natural multimedia for more than five months now, and I am quite pleased with it. I use it daily and I never feel any strain, even after a few hours of continuous use. The aesthetics are easy on the eyes, and the extra buttons at the top are actually useful.

On the downside, it has a large footprint (about 50cm by 25cm), it doesn't feel quite as solid as its predecessor, and upon reboot the F-keys always default to their alternate shortcuts (undo, redo, open, save, etc.) rather than staying toggled as F1, F2, F3...

I've never used a Logitech so I can't compare, but if you're looking for an ergonomic keyboard I highly recommend the MS Natural multimedia. However, if you think the MS Office keyboard is too big, then you'll probably shy away from the Natural multimedia too.

I have a MS multimedia keyboard (non-natural). I like it. Cheap too! ($25 AUD)

I as hard as I type (try) just can’t get on with the modern very light and “non click” type keyboards commonly know as “membrane” types. I like the old vicious “click keys” where every key-stoke can be heard and felt and gives you the positive feeling with both aural feedback and touch. These keyboards have now all but disappeared; as they are so expensive to produce but the upside is that they can be repaired, as the keys are both replaceable and can be cleaned individually. You can also spill some coffee over them and the board won’t die. Cherry still make this type of keyboard but they are expensive and getting harder and harder to find.

You can pick up old DEL keyboards from various sales for next to nothing, provided they are more than five years old they are just great for precision typing (programming etc). Don't worry about the WIN keys as you can map these to the existing keyboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back