Recommendations for new card

Tweak

The Weedman
I'm not quite sure what card I should get for my desktop. I'm not much of a gamer. I mostly just program and surf so I don't need anything that renders magnificantly. What I need is a card that can run dual monitors as well as maybe an S-Video Port and/or Video RCA. The last two things I don't need on the card but would be nice. I want to spend 100 dollars max on this card which shouldn't be hard cause I'm not getting one for gaming so...

Hopefully someone here knows the best one around for this.

Running a 9000Pro here, happy with it. I have a friend who's running a 7500 with dual 17" TFTs at 1280x1024, that does a great job too. I think most recent-ish cards capable of handling dual-monitor will suffice for your needs.

This probably will sound newbish but when I look at a screenshot or pic of the 9000 Pro, I don't see two slots for monitors. Just one.

9000pro_2.jpg

Top (blue) is VGA
Bottom (white) is DVI.

I think.

That's the better card then what I have. Mine just has the stupid RCA TV out. :p

SPeedY_B said:
Running a 9000Pro here, happy with it. I have a friend who's running a 7500 with dual 17" TFTs at 1280x1024, that does a great job too. I think most recent-ish cards capable of handling dual-monitor will suffice for your needs.
Same here. I run that setup at work at a higher res though.

Alright cool thanks. I think I will do that. Everyone has been really helpful and speed with the responses. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back