Recommendations for Gaming Headphones?

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
My brother is an avid gamer with a wife. As you can imagine the two don’t add up all of the time. He asked me about headphones. Since I am not a gamer I cannot make the recommendation.

The only catch, they have to be available to purchase from Newegg.

Cookies are waiting. Thank you.

I'll pass that along to him and report back how much he laughs.

Plantronics also makes good stuff. Their DSP line has it's own audio processor so you don't need a sound card and can plug it into a usb port.

Makes it easy to use it on many different systems.

:)

I own something similar to this.

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/cat640035/cat1430032/prod440044

dsp500.gif

In the bargain range:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826265007

This is the closest model they have to the one I've been using for the last 5 years.

I chose it because it is lightweight and fits a wide head comfortably for 10-12 hours a day. Most headsets I've tried are way too narrow for me and cause headaches and ear pain from too much compression.

Unfortunately they have really screwed with the original design in the posted version. The boom is now crappy plastic and the last one I bought has a dead spot in the inline volume adjustment. The microphones have been excellent for gaming. The first time I bought this model it was $35, the next was $25, the last was $19 and now the egg has them for $15. The product has suffered from these price reductions, but for the price they are top notch.

My reasons for buying a cheaper headset:
Any headset will break in various places, the earpads get nasty and/or shred, the microphone booms loosen and droop as they age, vacuum cleaners, cats and dogs eat the cords. (These are the reasons I've been through 3 headsets in 5 years.)

I have had my plantronics headset for almost 3 years, no issues, even with my cats having a go at it. :)

And I can use it with any computer since it's usb :D

Seinheisser makes great stuff though.

Thank you everyone (cookies spread around). I will talk to my brother and see how much he wants to spend. I will report back. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back