Recommend CSS books please...

desie

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi I just did a google search and on here, there are lots of books on CSS but I'm wondering if you can recommend me one. I have never used CSS to make up a site before, I have used it a little bit on backgrounds and stuff but I have never really understood CSS before and find it hard to understand.

Is there any easy to understand but good CSS books that you could recommend me, it needs to be quite cheap but in-depth as well (I'm a skint college student).

Cheers, sorry if posted before I couldn't find anything and I don't like the W3C site so don't recommend that (only like the validating bit, hate there tutorials) id rather have a book.

Thank you, anyone else got any other recommendations? That first book you linked me to looks nice and cheap, just hope shipping to UK is cheap. So does everyone use CSS 2.1, I understand CSS 3.0 is still in development?

Cheers, that stylin with css book looks good since I'm on a interactive design course I have to do a lot of gfx in web design (and I do game design & screen based design as well).

It is indeed a pretty slick-looking book, lots of colour screen-grabs, and they through each tutorial section quite well. Hope it's as good for you as it was for me! :)

desie said:
Thank you, anyone else got any other recommendations? That first book you linked me to looks nice and cheap, just hope shipping to UK is cheap. So does everyone use CSS 2.1, I understand CSS 3.0 is still in development?
the sitepoint book I mentioned is available on amazon uk as well ;)

I use mostly css 2 and some css 3 in places as sort of easter eggs :p

So it is on Amazon Geffy, I checked it out but I have chosen the Stylin' with CSS book. Seems a great book, thanks for all the suggestions.

I hope it's a good read, and hope I can finally learn all this CSS stuff as I really want to layout a whole site in CSS dynamically. Should get the book around the 16h Jan.

I am hoping mine arrive soon, gotta have them for my Advanced Web Design module at uni :p

Ya same here, I need to read it, I finish in June. I want to create some CSS sites for college with this as well. I best get reading when I get it. It don't take me 6 months to read a book, though it might take me that long to master CSS if it's hard to understand.

Well I read the book "stylin with css" and it's helped me to understand CSS and XHTML very well. It was just eactly what I wanted to read, thank you very much for all the suggestions, especially onimkron, now I'm gonna redesign my portfolio site into CSS to show in web design presentation at college on Tuesday :D since my old version was sliced in Photoshop and took ages to load, so CSS will come to the rescue.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back