Reclaim Mem. After Proggie Closes=good Mem Mang. And Pimp Uptime

G

geedUP

1st tip!!!!!
I NO THIS IS LONG, BUT HEY TRUST ME ITS WERTH IT

DONT READ MORE UNLESS U HAVE 128 OR MORE RAM
got this tip off sum dude on MIRC

LOOK AT THIS SHIT 3week uptime+ and he sed he plays games
[os! Windows XP Professional (5.1 - 2600)][uptime! 3w 2d 7h 38m 21s][cpu! 1-Intel Pentium III (Cu), 930MHz, 256KB][ram! Usage: 251/384MB

I NO IT SEZ WIN2K BUT HEY HES ON XP AND ITS WERKING JUST FINE FOR HIM :)
ALSO HE SED PUT IT IN WINDOWS/SYSTEM32

You may also reclaim leaked RAM by using the following script. In order to use a script you must have Windows scripting host installed on your machine, this is installed by default on Windows 2000 (part of Internet Explorer 5.01).
Opena new text file up, using Notepad.Enter in the following line:

Mystring= Space(16000000)

Saveit as filename.vbs, where filename is whatever you choose to name it. The .vbs extension is very important though,choose to save it as All files otherwise it will end up as filename.vbs.txt which won't work. You should close all running applications before using it. To use it simply double/single click it. Also, if you wish you may use values greater than 16. Don’t set it higher than the amount of RAM you havethough.

http://www.3dspotlight.com/tweaks/memory-win2k/print.shtml
HERES THE SITE IF YA WANNA CHECK IT URSELF

hey, can you also send me a link? and this program works 100% with xp? thanks in advance and if it really does work i'll send you the 10 bucks :) I might not pay microsoft for shit, but honest people who don't rape ya on prices I will!

You know, I haven't heard anything like that before. Is this a real problem? I have been running a gaming rig for four years now and have just upgraded it. I am using AthlonXP 1600, 512MB DDR. I play games a ton on this and am switching between them all the time. I am looking for anyway to make this beast run better.... would this help? :confused:

:D
This prog works great! I am running an AthlonXP 1600 with 512MB DDR. I primarily use this rig for gaming, so naturaly I am looking for anything to stabilize/boost performance. I had my doubts, but when I tried APKRamCharge it reported that there were 310.2MB avalible (actually displayed in bytes, so you can keep track of the smallest change). That was right after quitting Black and White. Now it displays 410.8MB avalible! I would say that is a change for the better!
:D

Oh yeah, FYI. I am running WinXP Pro (build 2600), using a Biostar K7VIB (VIA KT266) motherboard. So this proves it works on XP!
;)

will this work with only 128mb?

Will your proggy work (well?) if allz i got is 128mb of rma (i truly want to go get more but no cash)

It's there, along with I believe 22 other files of yours. Took a whole .5 seconds to download. Thanks I'll give it a try and if I keep it you'll get your 10 bucks.

Thanks Again,

Hmmmm interesting

Well, I tried it at work and got some very interesting figures and have just got similar ones at home. (although, I'm not running Toad at home, so it can't crash it :D )

Physical Ram - 335007744
Available ram - 150237184

Total Swap file - 812818432
Pagefile available - 655343616

impressed.

BTW can anyone tell me why any thread I post to, gets a 'hole' ?
through the envelope in the thread list ?

cheers.

Fingers in a few pies M8.
Oracle development is one.
Toad is cool, but it seems that the bigger it gets, the more buggy it becomes - ah well.

Keeps us employed.

Just my 2 pennorth......

Wouldn't it be better to post it in the downloads section, so that everyone can see it and just refer to it in this thread ?

Maybe it could authorised by Waddy or someone to ensure that the section isn't filled with any old crap that comes along.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back