Recent Files in Windows Media Player?

S

shorty420

How do I make it stop showing the recent files i have opened in window's media player. I don' t like all that extra crap. I've looked around in all the settings that I can think of and saw nothing. Any help would be aprecciated.

Run regedit, navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/MediaPlayer/Player/RecentFileList. In the right pane, right click the file you want to remove from the WMP MRU list and choose "Delete". Exit regedit. Repeat the process for all the files you want to delete from the MRU list. Hope that helps, shorty420.

**BACKUP THE REGISTRY BEFORE MODIFYING IT**

I installed the MRU cleaner from the old media player power toys (still available on the Microsoft site) and it still works like a charm in XP.

That's too easy, Waldo, you wanna get your hands dirty, don't you? ;)

You don't even need to enter the registry or download any software, just copy and paste this into Notepad call it NoWMPList.reg and save it on the desktop (or anywhere):-
----------copy and paste below-----------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\RecentFileList]

----------end copy and paste--------------------------------

When you want to get rid of the list just double-click the reg file

Highwind777, where did waddy come into this?

He didn't even comment on this topic...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back