Received new toy

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I got my new toy, my iAudio x5 media player.

fa63124128a0f2dd51a27010.L.jpg

Love it.

It has the best audio reproduction I have EVER heard, better than a nano surprisingly, even with the stock, not so great headphones.

The software for this product is a breeze to use and there are so many connectors :D

The case is a joy too, very nice little slip on cover.

pic_zcover_black.jpg

http://onlinestore.cowonamerica.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=193

Took about five-ten minutes to install the software and transfer about 3 gigs of songs. Took a few more minutes to convert and transfer my DVD collection of Family Guy and my prodigy music videos :D

The music reproduction is ridiculously good. And the videos look fantastic. A couple of my friends at work have the nano, mini and the video iPod. Based on the performance and quality of those items, I would HIGHLY recommend getting this baby. Its a little cheaper and you can run virtually any format of video on this baby (simply convert to iaudio format using the provided tools on the cd and BAM, there you go).

The ONLY thing I don't like about the package is the little breakout box/cradle. The connectors could have been built into the system but I guess it would make the system a little bulkier and bigger.

It is about the same size as the ipod video system. While the joystick is not quite as intuitive as the ipod click wheel, it is soooo easy to use and soooo small :D.

The fm tuner is very powerful and the voice recorder function is pretty good too. Photos look great and the text viewer feature just adds to the functionality.

The battery life seems to be pretty decent. I ran the device out the box to watch half a movie plus 4 prodigy videos and I still had over half the battery life left. No dips in sound quality or anything :)

I LOVE this device. Plus its nice to look at and has a very small form factor and a lovely brushed metal black cover which doesn't scratch or pick up finger prints.

4.5/5 osnn stars.

Awesome device. Highly recommended if you can get a good deal, a la on Amazon.

Like I said before the database crash, I was going to get an iAudio player if I hadn't gotten my iPod.

But this thing is just hot. Nice features, and good price. How does it compare size wise with an iPod?

Maybe I'll get this if I ever want to replace my iPod.

very slick, cowon has high quality stuff :)

Their packaging was below par, but I wasn't really caring much, since I hardly ever keep it :)

The bundle is very nice though, great attention to detail all around and I am finally using jetaudio. Who knew, and it doesn't complete suck, thus far.

MaximumPC gave that paticular model very low scores. Sorry. =\

December, 2005 issue.
Page 50
Score = 3 (out of 10)

I don't know, it looks kinda ugly to me. I prefer the iPODs sense of style, and I wouldn't get one of those over the iShuffle I'm going to get for christmas (more suited to my low-medium MP3 usage on-the-move needs)

Its great that you like it though Sazar :)

I rather like the look of the new Creative video players, but don't really have a great deal of need for one :(

I can get away with listening to music at work, but watching videos? :D

yeah. i was kinda lookin at getting myself one of those x5's too...... kinda leaning more towards the Archos GMini 402 Pocket Multimedia Center. looks like a pretty nice setup..... and the last Archos player i had (which was only the Jukebox Studio 20) was also a 20GB portable hard drive, but could only play .mp3's. the 402 can play games (which i think one person in the Newegg customer reviews said kinda remind him of Playstation games when it was first getting off the ground), can play different video formats, looks pretty as hell to me... forget all that uber tiny "lose it in your pocket" crap. i want something that i KNOW is there and that i KNOW is doing something good. i might get the 402 with my x-mas/birthday money (since they're both coming up quite soon).

like the x5 though, Sazar. looks pretty sweet. what's the other stuff along the bottom of the screen though that's in the first pic? there's the Clock.... and what else?

Speaking of Archos, the 40GB AV700 was given a rating of 5 (out of 10) in the same issue and article as the model Sazar purchased. They rated the MSI Mega 588 an 8 and the Apex Digital E2Go MP-6500 a 9.

I'm with EP, I really dig the new models Creative is coming out with, such as the Zen Neeon.

madmatt said:
MaximumPC gave that paticular model very low scores. Sorry. =\

December, 2005 issue.
Page 50
Score = 3 (out of 10)

Interesting, everywhere else gives it stellar ratings and it has extremely high user ratings.

Then again I don't really care much for maximum pc's bogus reviews (haven't since the nv3x days :cool: ) so it's just as well :p

ElementalDragon said:
yeah. i was kinda lookin at getting myself one of those x5's too...... kinda leaning more towards the Archos GMini 402 Pocket Multimedia Center. looks like a pretty nice setup..... and the last Archos player i had (which was only the Jukebox Studio 20) was also a 20GB portable hard drive, but could only play .mp3's. the 402 can play games (which i think one person in the Newegg customer reviews said kinda remind him of Playstation games when it was first getting off the ground), can play different video formats, looks pretty as hell to me... forget all that uber tiny "lose it in your pocket" crap. i want something that i KNOW is there and that i KNOW is doing something good. i might get the 402 with my x-mas/birthday money (since they're both coming up quite soon).

like the x5 though, Sazar. looks pretty sweet. what's the other stuff along the bottom of the screen though that's in the first pic? there's the Clock.... and what else?

There are some other items for bit rate, volume and things like this.

Love the Vision M...want one so bad, might be a nice Bday present to me!!!

it's thicker because "The unit measures 10.4 x 6.2 x 1.9cm into which Creative has squeezed a 30GB hard drive and a rechargeable battery capable of running for four hours in video-playback mode and 14 hours when pumping out music, Creative claimed.

Music formats supported include MP3, WMA with DRM and WAV. The Vision:M will play MPEG 1, 2 and 4, WMV 9, Motion JPEG, DivX 4 and 5, and XviD video files. Photos need to be JPEGs. The player has a recordable FM tuner on board, though this may not make it to all territories, we understand."

Yeah, but the iPod is almost half that thickness, maybe even more. And it basically has the same functions.

Looking good, Sazar. :)

Grandmaster said:
Yeah, but the iPod is almost half that thickness, maybe even more. And it basically has the same functions.
Minus the FM tuner and recorder; no support for some of the most common video formats - MPEG 1/2, DivX, Xvid; and half the battery life for video playback. ;)

Notice I said the word "basically" :p Still it's a "portable" player. Size is very important to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back