Received new toy

I've heard that some where before.

Grandmaster said:
Notice I said the word "basically" :p Still it's a "portable" player. Size is very important to me.
True. I'd have to actually play with the Vision:M before making any judgements, but a 1.9cm thickness doesn't really sound that bad. If this had a removable battery like the Zen Micro, that would be the deciding factor for me right there. :D

Well what works for me doesn't necessarily have to work for anyone else, but from my previous experience with portable devices, I really find slimness to be an important factor. The FM Tuner and Recorder functions would be useless for me, the I believe the new iPod has 16 hours of audio playback (video on a small screen not such a big thing for me :p), beating out the Vision.

Again it's all personal preference.

Grandmaster said:
]I believe the new iPod has 16 hours of audio playback (video on a small screen not such a big thing for me :p), beating out the Vision.
14 hours for the 30GB model, actually...same as the Vision:M. :D

*Stops hijacking Sazar's thread*
Hey, it was EP's fault. It's always EP's fault. :p

GM, how come you avatar looks like it's humping the screen?

Err, super hijack. My bad.

i guess everyone has their own opinion on what mp3 players they like better than others. some like them thin enough to almost be able to snap in half with little effort *cough*Nano*cough*..... others like them to be thick/big enough to use as a replacement PSP. in my mind.... usually smaller = less features. don't think iPod's have voice recording, do they? think the one thing that makes me shun iPods so much is that they're not very.... how should i say...... PC-to-iPod friendly? can't really plug it in, drag-and-drop files onto it like a portable hard drive, unplug it, and be off.

I looked at the visions specs before buying but they look so fat :(

Fat is good. you don't need to worry about other men stealing them.

It has to fit in my pocket and I typically wear cargos. No bloody way I am carrying a fatty round in them :cool:

My keys, cell phone, wallet == staple pocket products and now my little mp3 player which is thinner than my cell. That thing looks like it is twice as thick. I mean I would love to be able to use something like that but I would rather not walk around with people thinking I was really happy to see them :eek:

Sazar..... you saying that made me think of something. it'll be sad when it's so common..... that people start saying "Is that an MP3 player in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?". but yeah, i can see where ur goin with that. then again...... rather have a bit larger bulge in your pocket than a tiny one like the Nano would give. lol. GOD i can't believe i said that.......

YAY!!!! got my own new little toy for x-mas today! i'll probably post a mini-review on it later today with pics and stuff like that... LOVE my Gmini 402 already. it's nice and tiny and sounds pretty freakin sweet to me. right now i'm using the video converter it came with (VirtualDub) to convert a video i have to a format that is playable on it to see how it plays video (it plays DivX... but as far as i understood from what the manual was saying, it can only really play a video if it's original size is near the resolution of the built-in screen, and don't think it can be some uber-compressed DivX file either... just a somewhat standard DivX file... forget the name) i'll try to be a bit more specific on all that when i post my review.

Revisiting this :D

So I've been playing around with some convertors (my friend is currently recording music and dabbling with video editing, did loss-less FLAC conversions of the music).

Anyways, the music reproduction on this player has always been phenomenal (main reason I bought it) and it plays .flac files flawlessly :D

I was SOOOO happy I didn't even have to convert anything to make it play on this player once it was lossless. Might work on converting my other cd's. Pity it takes up so much more room :(

Btw, I made an error in size of this product. It is smaller than a video ipod, screen is also a little smaller, but the quality :D no comparison.

This also brings me back to the bundled jetaudio software. WOW, I keep loving it more and more. The fact that it just works with my keyboard is a massive bonus ;)

Software updates have made video conversions painless, my entire Robot Chicken and Eddie Izzard collection is on my player.

I removed the cover and just use a swipe on screen protector. It doesn't scratch which is a big boon.

-edit-

Shameless plug for the first album I converted.

Group == Teddybears Sthlm (stockholm)
Album == Fresh
Fav track == Cobrastyle (ft. Mad Cobra)

You lot might have heard this all over the dance-hall charts :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back