reccomend me a cpu fan / xp2400

F

fitfella29

just ordered one of these cpu`s,whats the best fans out there for it?

If your mobo will support it I really like the Alpha 8045 bit it requires the mobo have the mounting holes in it. If not that then the Thermoltake SLK800 would be a good choice. Both use an 80mm fan which will be quieter than a 60mm fan moving equal amounts of air.

Yep, the Volcano 9 is 80mm and moves air at 75.7 CFM at 4800 rpm with only 48 dB at 4800 rpm which is full speed.

the volcano 9 is a good fan as is the top of the line swiftech :) you can look around for it... basically a massive copper cooler... you will have to buy and attach a fan to it.. I recommend the fan that comes with the volcano 9... the smartfan2 :)

Volcano 9; awsome fan; does a good job cooling stuff :)

i use HHC-001 wich is a full coper HS with heat pipes.. i use this on my 2400+ and my temps are 33C. enjoy

what temp readings should i get with the slk800 / ys-tech 80mm silent fan,im currently getting 50c for the cpu and 35 for the mb.

are these about right for my set up?

windows xp home + sp1
athlon xp2400+
thermalright SLK-800/ys-tech 80mm silent fan
768mb crucial 2700 ddr ram
asus a7v333 motherboard
crucial 128mb ati radeon 9700 pro
80gb 7200rpm maxtor
60gb 7200rpm maxtor
philips 48x/16x/48x CD-RW
sony DVD+RW/+R & CD-RW Drive
19" lg flatron 915ft plus
Logitech mx700 cordless mouse
creative sound blaster audigy soundcard
creative inspire 5300 five point surrounds

seems a tad high... I don't get that much oc'd to the max..

yes I have a slower cpu BUT when I oc my fsb is higher... you have a higher clock multiplier and also a smaller die size/process (o.13 micron v/s 0.18 micron)

what kind of thermal paste did you utilize?

also try a smartfan 2 on top of the cooler instead of a silent fan...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back