# mount -a -t ufs
# swapon -a
# export PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin
# mergemaster -p
# cd /usr/src
# make installworld
# mergemaster
# shutdown -r now

as for when you should do it, well if you're upgrading from one version to another you should do it, or if you're updating for a security fix and it recommends doing a kernel and world update.

thanks geffy - one other question if i was to use csup -g -L2 -h cvsup.freebsd.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile and get all the src files and did make buildworld, would that update all the installed base packages

eg update openssl from 0.9.8d to 0.9.8i ? as i have installed openssl from prts but the version still shows 0.9.8d

it would update your freebsd system to the latest source build :)

See the port options for how to overwrite the base install.

thanks lord - i think thats required reading best done in the morning :) - would that be in the handbook or the portsnap dir ?

i did look there but didn't see the install dir - guess i over looked it :)

It's probably in one of the higher level make files that drive the ports system then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back