reboot schedule

J

jealousy

is there any tool or something to make my pc reboot at specific time? the problem is that pc hangs up if left on for few days, but i really need it to run every night. but of course, i don`t want to go to work every day(weekend) and reboot it by my self. (one nite it works ok, but if left alone for over 30hrs it just hangs up...)

hangs on xp? man something must be wrong with your computer. Anyway, you can use any scheduling program (xp has one installed already) then use the tips around for making shortcuts to reboot (c:\windows\system32\somefile.dll,reboot) although I can't remember the exact details of this shortcut.

go to a command prompt (run cmd) then type shutdown/?

this will display all the options for the shutdown command. if you run it with /r it restarts the machine, there is also an option to set a time for it tor restart, but i can't rememebr what it is at the moment

This is easy....open notepad and type in "SHUTDOWN -r -t 01"
without the quotes. Save it as reboot.bat in your Windows directory. Open task scheduler and schedule 'reboot.bat', I have mine reboot everyday at 5am every day after it has done all my other scheduled tasks every night.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back