reboot problem

S

scottgod

Hi could somebody, please help. I have two systems that I have networked on a simple cable to system without a hub. I used windows network xp wizard to configure both systems that are both running XP home. Everything works fine, but when I turn one of the systems off they both forget there network protocols and no longer see each other on the network.

Any assistance of advice much appreciated.

I do have an audigy sound card that is capable of networking. Could this be the spanner in the works?

Cheers Scott

:confused: :confused:

Erm, call me dense here (most people do) but if you turn a machine off then its .erm , off IE no longer part of the network.

As for a networking soundcard , as far as I know the audigy has no networking capabilities but does have a firewire port.

sorry not very clear

Sorry it wasnt very clear was it. When I reboot the pc that is connected to my broadband and feeds the other pc it no longer has a network. It is fine when I run the wizard on both systems but when I restart the Pc (after installing new software etc) it has lost its network connection with the other pc. I then have to re-run the wizard on both pc's and again its is fine. I mentioned the audigy card as I understood that you could run a firewire network between two audigy armed pc's.

Any Ideas.

cheers Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back