RealVNC 1.4.2, Windows Server 2003, Grey Screen?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

We recently have been utilizing RealVNC on a lot of machines here. There are a few servers that we have to use the application because various things don't work right when connecting using RDP. On only one server, however, we are unable to use RealVNC to connect initially.

When I use RealVNC (using default options, to a Windows 2003 Server), we will connect to the server. On both the local server as well as the RealVNC Connection, we get a grey screen when the background is normally blue. From this point, we do not get a "Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to login" box or anything. Even when closing out the RealVNC Session, the grey screen remains on the local machine. We have to RDP into the local machine to kick it out of the grey screen.

Now, while we have RDP enabled, we are able to RealVNC into the machine, however the things that don't work with RDP in the first place won't work because that's how we connected. Strange, I know. Even after reinstalling the realVNC application, it still is doing the same thing. There are no errors that I can see.

Anyone have any ideas?

You may need to change your MTU (maximum transmission unit) on your
router.

I think the default MTU for most routers is 1500, a suggesting setting is 1492.

My understanding is the packet size is to large and somehow confuses VNC.

Something to try anyway. Let me know

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back