Realtime webcam/securitycam options

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

My friend asked about a setup that he would like to have at his dad's farm. They would like to know if a couple of webcams can be setup in a barn and can that they can both be viewed from the computer in the farmhouse approx 400' away from the barn. They just need realtime viewing from the cams, nothing saved into harddrive. The barn and the farmhouse do have a clear line of sight between them, no buildings or such in the way. What options do we have, and can it be wireless? Two cams will be needed, but for other equipment, I do not have any ideas yet. What speed of computer(s) will be needed?

Any and all input will be greatly valued.

Thanks in advance.

Heeter

Computer speed.. nothing special, if there's one lying around an Old PII or something would suffice. Cams, wireless of a mass of USB (Or firewire) extensions.. that's your choice, bear in mind that most web-cams are complete ****e in dark rooms, you need a lot of light, or very expensive cameras (such as Network cameras designed for surveillance purposes, these can also come with their own central units/machines, removing the need for a PC other than to view the cam)

For software, take a look here http://camportal.co.uk/?page=soft&type=win32 there's some apps there, you'd obviously need software that supports multiple cameras, I can't remember which ones do this, sorry.

an example of network cameras would be http://xanboo.com/ depends how much you want to spend etc, as normal web-cams may do the trick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back