RealOne Player Alternative?

T

TBone

In my experience, Real One Player has been very problematic, but certain websites have chosen to exclusively use this format and I was curious if there is any alternative, because a number of weird scenarios occur whenever I have installed this software in the past.

Thanks a lot.

T Bone :p

try this! its Media Player Classic 6.4.4.2! its a real one alternative! and plays streaming content aswell!

heres the link!
http://vobsub.edensrising.com/mpc.php

(for download link look in the left panel of the linked page)

:happy:

I am curious as to how this can be considered an alternative to RealOne Player when RealOne Player has to be installed for Media Player Classic to play the real audio or video files? Same holds true for QuickTime files...QuickTime has to be installed...doesnt seem like an alternative to me...just another player really...:(

JetAudio will do RealMedia files without RealOne needing to be installed and whats more. its free

the updated version of Media Player Classic doesnt have to have the program installed. it uses the file codec to run the file. That holds true fof quicktime, i think it's the same for realmedia as well. Jet audio is a good program, i have and havent had any problems with it, makes mp3 files sound better to.

Man I dont really care what realplayer files are played in as long as i can play them. what i do is.

1. Download and Install Real Media 9 Codecs.
http://hebus.gottferdom.free.fr/codec_real_media_9.zip
or
http://ekinox.forum.free.fr/codec_real_media_9.zip

2. Download and Install QuickTime Alternative
http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

And When U Click the link (say at www.amazon.com)
select choose program and select the media player classic that is installed with quicktime.

So after that you dont have to worry about programs u dont need to use. You got it all without programs fighting over taking file extentions.

I love using Media Player Classic for Real and Quicktime files. It opens up so fast compared to the others, and it's especially nice to get away from the stupid RealOne Center and "Upgrade to Quicktime Pro" windows. I realize that these annoyances can be disabled, but MPC is just so much more convenient.

Real Player used to be one of those "must have" apps. But now it's just a pain and is bloatware.

Originally posted by muzikool
...and "Upgrade to Quicktime Pro" windows. I realize that these annoyances can be disabled, but MPC is just so much more convenient.

Hey, how do I disable the "Upgrade to Quicktime Pro" window?

Cd

You upgrade to quicktime pro.

Basically you can either buy the software, or have the free version with the occasional pop-up window.

I use to be a big RealOne/Player advocate, but recently when I go to use RealOne I get bombareded with adds and popups. I would uninstall RO but like Tbone said allot of websites require RO.

Just throw Windows Media Player, RealOne, and Quicktime Pro all in a pile and whichever one takes over your files wins..

doesn't that go against how you prefer to have your files played? to me it does.

That's the first thing I do when installing it, and RealOne never bothers me, and I use it all the time :)

Overcomplicated, more **** then I need.

I tried the Windows Media Player Classic with the RealOne codecs and it seems to be working like a charm! so far everything "Real" has gone really smoothly

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back