Really Weird

Qauker

OSNN Newbie
I dont know why but i`m having some lag problem with some games that of course it shouldnt happen becase of the specs of my pc. It happens some times and it happens very fast, it seems like a multiplayer lag. It happens a lot with Mafia, Need for Speed Underground 1. I tried everything from installing different video drivers, directx, changing configuration options including vertical sync to even instal a second windows and see if it would solve. Still, same problem. Its really weird cause when i bought the pc i tried to play mafia and it was perfect. Now, specially when i make a turn i have some lag problems. I even tried to overlock my machine but same problem.
My specs are:
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, Athlon 64 3500, XFX Geforce 6800 GT, Pqi Turbo Dual Channel PC3200 Low Latency, PWS Thermaltake 480W Butterfly.

I hope you guys have an idea of what could be the problem cause i tried everything and it was worthless. I dont know what to do.

do a scan disk on the HDD that is running your games. and a defrag.

what kind of monitor do you have? crt? flat panel?

XP SP2 ?

I would bank on it being an OS issue right now. There is something running every once and awhile, stealing cycles. You may need to go ahead and start tweaking the OS

Yeah, i just did a scan on the HDD. I`m gonna do a defrag now, i`m using xp pro sp1 and my monitor is a Sony 19`` LCD SDM-SH94P. Yeah, i tought it would be an OS cause like u said is running once and awhile but i tried to run the games on a fresh install of a second windows with just the essential drivers and nothing. Maybe i should try to format my current windows and try again with just one OS.

I just analized the game with fraps and when this lag happens the fps stay always on 60. That makes me thing that it could be a problem with the monitor. I`m using dvi output but anyway, i tried standard vga output and nothing.

I guess that discounts the possibility it's the vid card.... what kind of monitor is it?

60 FPS shouldnt affect your games that bad unless you have a monitor with a response time above say 25ms

Do you know what the response time for your monitor is?

Also, is this the first time you have noticed it?

You might try using some of the freeware video performance testers and see what kinf of FPS you can ghet without Lagging.

If you have an old CRT monitor I would suggest trying the game on that, if it doesnt happen, it would have to be your response time.

Good Luck!

Hannnibal

Qauker said:
I dont know why but i`m having some lag problem with some games that of course it shouldnt happen becase of the specs of my pc. It happens some times and it happens very fast, it seems like a multiplayer lag. It happens a lot with Mafia, Need for Speed Underground 1. I tried everything from installing different video drivers, directx, changing configuration options including vertical sync to even instal a second windows and see if it would solve. Still, same problem. Its really weird cause when i bought the pc i tried to play mafia and it was perfect. Now, specially when i make a turn i have some lag problems. I even tried to overlock my machine but same problem.
My specs are:
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, Athlon 64 3500, XFX Geforce 6800 GT, Pqi Turbo Dual Channel PC3200 Low Latency, PWS Thermaltake 480W Butterfly.

I hope you guys have an idea of what could be the problem cause i tried everything and it was worthless. I dont know what to do.

I get something like taht when watching video with SLI mode turned on. i have the same mobo so i dunno... could be something to that maybe? games dont lag though. What kind of internet connection do you have? Is it shared? are you on a router? If your ip addy is off on the router for playing a certain game it will still connect but will pulse bandwidth like a hearbeat.

Turn on the asus probe to 1 second intervals while playing the games you are mentioning .... and then after it starts to lag minimize the game and look ath the probe voltage... maybe its lagging due to power blips? I dunno just a thought... matter of fact im gonna check that myself.

Acoording to Sony, my response time is 12ms. Yes, i`m gonna try with an old crt monitor. I dont think its the video card cause the benchmark results are similar to others that have the same specs as me. Thanks for the help guys.

Hmmmm
12ms response time grey to grey or black to white?

the sad thing is there is no standard for measuring response times we just have to trust the manufacturers or read the specs given to us in detail..

what model sony is it? Size?

and I forgot to mention train is right, if your router is having problems routing packets that could be it too....

are you using NAT?

what is the signal strength of the signal for your PC?

one more thing... try using a hard cable to the router if it clears up, you might need a repeater closer to your PC to boost the signal strength back up

thats all I can think of right now...

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back