Really weird problem! Help me!

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Hi guys,

I've got a really weird problem on my computer. Since I installed Vista beta 2 on my 2nd HD, a text file called CA7ASJVX. has appeared on my desktop in XP. I can't do anything with this file, as every time I do it says it cannot find the file specified, or cannot read from the source file or disk. So this is a bit odd, and the only way I could delete it was to install Remove on Reboot, which removes it when I reboot the computer. This seems to work, but I then get an error message from "Project1" saying "Error 53, cannot find file" or words to that effect, and a new copy of the file is created on the desktop. I've done scans with EZ antivirus on Vista, and Norton on XP, and also run scans with Windows Defender, and nothing comes up.

Can anyone help? This is driving me crazy!!! Massive reps for anyone that can help!!!!!

did you also install office beta by any chance?

Find why project1 is loading , if you can stop that from happening you should get rid of the problem, look in msconfig, and maybe flush the prefetch folder contents

I've tried MS config and also flushed the prefetch folder, but it didn't do anything :(.

EDIT: Actually, now I think about it, I did run a check disk scan when I'd installed Vista...

Last edited:
there may be an issue with the office 7 beta product, i would suggest uninstalling it and see if that corrects the issue, if so install it again, but with powerpoint and see if the file comes back if not, then it is a powerpoint issue and from there i have no idea.

I'm uninstalling as we speak. Is this a known issue then? Have you had a similar problem?

EDIT: OK updates... I've worked out that the Project1 problem actually refers to my Remove on Reboot software, and the missing file is the file that I've told it to delete, and it causes an error just like when I try to delete it manually. So basically, nothing is shifting this damned thing. Anyone got any advice?

Last edited:
isn't project1 a virus, if so try this.

1. Edit the drivers= line in the [boot] section of SYSTEM.INI and remove the filename ntsvsrv.dll.

2. Restart the system, and DO NOT load any internet applications, this means that WSOCK32.DLL is not loaded into memory and so can be renamed.
3. Copy the file WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Nlhvld.dll to WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WSOCK32.DLL. If you are prompted to confirm overwriting the existing file, reply yes. If you get an error message saying that the file is in use, then WSOCK32.DLL has already been loaded. Disable all internet and network applications (or boot from a clean floppy disk) and repeat until successful.
4. Delete the files
Proclib.exe
Proclib.dll
Proclib16.dll
ntsvsrv.dll
Nlhvld.dll
from WINDOWS\SYSTEM. Note the files Proclib.exe, Proclib.dll, Proclib16.dll, ntsvsrv.dll are detected as "Count2K trojan"; the original file "Y2KCount.exe" is detected as "Count2K.sfx" and the "Project1.exe" is detected as "Count2K.dr".

Try hijackthis and use the delete on reboot found in the misc tools section.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back