Really nice AC97 drivers new!!!!!

CHiLLaXen said:
So these do work with all AC97 drivers? I went to viaarea.com and they said to download the drivers from my mobo's site.

I have a Abit KD7A mobo that uses VIA AC'97

Yes they will work and very well at that if you use either AC97, or Realtek these drivers work great :)

Thanks before the great wipeout I had this thread posted and it had over 1500 views :cool:

My laptop has an AC'97 audio controller. How are these drivers different from the ones provided by Dell?

Dell does provide updated drivers quite often, actually.
These could possibly be newer than the ones I had. I installed them anyway. Thanks ;)

These are pretty good! I've had a hard time deciding which drivers sound the best, I'll test these out for a while. Anyone do much testing with the Asus A7N8X Deluxe's onboard sound?

RANT MODE:

AC97 audio has been a spec for 7 years nows. You'd think the drivers would've maxed out along time ago, it's not like the chip architecture is that horrible. I guess it's what happens when you let Intel write a spec they don't know that much about.

Great drivers! I installed them on a Intel i845 board with a Realtek soundchip on-board, so far, good sound, nice and crisp, far better than the ones I had installed previously.

:) Yes I know that anytime I have had a job with AC97 or Realtek on board sound I have used these drivers as they have been updated on a steady pace I will keep this thread as upto date as possible. Enjoy then I know on my other rig the MSI K7GN2 we use these drivers too :cool:

After a few hours of testing I've found that these drivers are producing a significant amount of noise in everything I play. Back to the drawing board for me...

/later
Now testing Custom nVidia driver package for nforce2 boards.

Glaanieboy said:
Great drivers! I installed them on a Intel i845 board with a Realtek soundchip on-board, so far, good sound, nice and crisp, far better than the ones I had installed previously.

Agreed! Wow, I can actually hear the difference. Quite amazing really :D
Thanks Kermit!

NetRyder said:
Agreed! Wow, I can actually hear the difference. Quite amazing really :D
Thanks Kermit!

Hey no problem enjoy :)

Sorry to hear that chaos but I have heard of a few problems with the asus sound setup, I hope you find something that works for you.

After the difference I noticed with the first set, you just know I have to download these.
Thanks for keeping us updated, Kermit. :)

Hey no problems as I said we use these on our MSI Delta K7NG2 board and there very good for us ;)

Too bad it's vacation now, so I can't test these new drivers on my school computer :( (using a SB Live! 5.1 digital at home)

I'm a fan of this thread now. Thanks again, Kermit.
grin.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back