Really need help!

G

G-Lizard86

Right I posted this same thread several times before but no one was able to help me, and the rest isn't responding anymore, my problem is that i want to overclock my Intel Celeron 1.3 ghz, i've heard that some of them even reach 1.8 ghz, so it's worth a try, but i've allready tried programs such as Softfsb and stepeasy, they don't work for me or don't support my mobo, also i've tried to change the fsb via the biossetup, but that don't work either, cause the speed is set by the processor itself automatically...has anyone got xp-erience with this and can any1 help?

this is my best sugestion to help you out man i did this once and i loved the results.

goto www.newegg.com get the prices for a REAL PROC. scince you werent so bright you went Intel so get a P3 1.2 Taltinian. or here is a strech buy new MOBO RAM AND PROC.

MSI KT3 Ultra AUR roughly 100 dolars
AMD Athlon XP 1800+ about 100 bucks
and 256 MB or 512 MB of 2700 DDR ram

and then if you want to OC that.

that way the rest of us can help you out!!!!

My mobo and processor are just three days old and no way i'm gonna buy new, there must be something i can do...?

I hate to break this to you, but I'm 99% sure that you won't be able to overclock your Celeron, at least with that mobo. That particular mobo only lets the processor run at the default voltage and doesn't seem to have an adjustable FSB. Sorry, but you will probably just have to live with the 1.3 GHz that you have now. Just a bit of advice, next time you upgrade find out before you order parts whether or not they will give you the ability to overclock if that's what you want to do. However, I don't recommend overclocking as I've seen too many of my friends fry thier computers to get a marginal speed boost at best.

Okay thanks but that mobo was the only Micro ATX available, but it's not the mobo, the mobo can be configured with the bios but if i change the fsb to like 100x14.0 nothing happens, it's the processor that's locked or something...i've seen reports on celeron 1.3 ghz tualatin that reached 1.8 or even 2.0 ghz...so i should be possible, i'm sure it's not the mobo, should i contact Aopen (mobo) or Intel?

For something like this, you would call AOpen. But fair warning, when you tell them that you want to OC your Celeron, they probably won't help you because they don't want to be responsible if something goes wrong, Intel will do the same thing. I really don't think that you can OC with this setup, but keep at it. Nobody ever got anything done by giving up. I'll keep looking around and if I find anything I will let you know. Good Luck!

Thanq, i found out now that the processor is locked by intel, which is probably standard on celerons, but the mobo supports overclocking, it only should go to 133 max but there's a built in support to go to 250, and in the manual it says aopen is not responsible etc etc, they even explain how to overclock thru biossetup...so they don't mind i think....thanks anywayz

Let me know how it works out for you, I'm interested to see how high you can get it to run. I used to have an ASUS mobo for an Athlon that would let you change the FSB incrementaly i.e. 101x13, 102x13, etc up to something like 13x150. Is this how AOpen tells you to OC your Celeron? Just curious. Good luck and I hope you get to prove my earlier posts wrong. Oh, almost forgot. Are you still using the stock heat sink and fan? If you are, I would recommend upgrading before you OC. If you want, I will find some sites that have hardware recommendations for OC'ing your Celeron.

Yeah that what i was telling you b4 dont change the x# go with the 100 numbet thats the one you want to increase the mulitplier or the x# is locked you cannot change it but when you increase the bus speed do it slowley go up by 5 you know 100 105 110 you should get pretty high then start to test how stable it is k

and Heero can you find those sites for me? The fan that's on it now came with the intel processor...seems good i think...

Praise vdub...praise the lord...bow people!!! changed it to 105x13 and now running @ 1370 mhz lol...:D you've done it again dude..:D

I've opened my housing and placed my desktop ventilator next to it...now running 32.5c idle...:D

Here are a few sites for you:

http://www.ocztechnology.com/
http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/
http://www.overclockers.com/

Overclockers.com has a lot of information and a searchable database of people who have overclocked various processors. Many of them have posted thier cooling solutions. I happened to search out your processor and it seems that that average overclocked speed is 1598MHz, but I wouldn't recommend going that high without a serious cooling solution. Congratulations!!!

:D thx u thx u......well congrats im glad to see u got it working...
let me know if you take your pc any further, but just remember keep the cpu COLD COLD COLD.:D

What do you recommend...? I've only got the standard hsf on it what was coming with the processor...what is the maximum heat?

No sorry can't do...i'm just 15...ain't got no creditcard..:( what about the temps?

A general rule of thumb is to keep it below 50 degrees C, but the colder the better. With a Celeron, it should be fairly easy to keep it below 50C.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back