Really good article about sonys demise

Hmmm, interesting read, Sony is going to have a lot of problems if the DRM issue isn't locked down before this goes into the PS3.
Will Sony mess up the DRM issue in the PS3?

And so far the magic 8-ball says... "it is decidedly so."
Not good news.

Good bye and good riddance.

Fail to see how Sony failing with the PS3 becomes something that will be a benifit to anyone ... I hope the PS3 rocks to the MAX!!! Just as I hope the Nintendo does also...

Fail to see how Sony failing with the PS3 becomes something that will be a benifit to anyone ... I hope the PS3 rocks to the MAX!!! Just as I hope the Nintendo does also...

Might give Sony a reality check for once. Their products have started sucking more and more lately, they are no longer the leader in any of the departments they used to be leaders in. They are not providing any new stuff that is really worth anyone's time. For instance the reason none of their MP3 players took off was because they wanted everyone to use their format, their batteries are blowing up, the PS3 is WAY behind schedule and not a single working version has been produced as they all seem to melt.

Granted they have been in some hot water over the batterys as of late but other than that it is not new for sony to try and corner markets with their products, as for PS3 melting sounds like one of those I heard it on the internet so it must be true stories.

As has been pointed out, the PS3 will either be the savior or the last straw for Sony.

I'm betting on the latter however.

Granted they have been in some hot water over the batterys as of late but other than that it is not new for sony to try and corner markets with their products, as for PS3 melting sounds like one of those I heard it on the internet so it must be true stories.

Not heard it on the internet, heard it from a Sony executive that was on campus.

Blue-ray is another product of Sony trying to bite off to much. I am sorry, but there is a whole lot more wrong than just batteries exploding.

Their Bravia or whatever the brand name is line of TV's were made with Samsung LCD's, because they did not want LCD. Sony has missed out on a lot of good opportunities to try to keep their own solutions which the public has rejected. Read the article.

Sony is trying too hard to be a company that a customer has to buy all of the products with. For instance, with using their MP3 player, you could only use their format. I guarantee you that the iPod would not be what it is today if it did not support mp3.

They are applying the "PS2" principal to everything. You are only allowed to use officially licenesed products for that unit. Customers like to be able to mix and match their stuff. I know I do.

My cousin's 60" LCD Sony just died yesterday, it was only 9 months old. He can't find the receipt :eek:

Did he register the product? If he did then he is in luck as the Product registration can be used for service tags. If he didn't than he might need to contact the credit card company he used to see if they double the warranty period, always worth a shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back