Real Player One Crash Problem

T

TransWorldAir

Has anybody else around here experienced a problem similar to this:

A few weeks ago Real Player began freezing at the beginning of any video/audio playback. Real One does not freeze when the application is opened - it is only when a file begins playing, whether in the player or directly on a website. that the system crashes. Windows XP will just suddenly, instantly freeze up entirely. The mouse cursor doesn't move, and sometimes a weird and repetitive noise is heard from the speakers. Uninstalling and reinstalling Real One solves the problem for a short while, but soon the same problem returns. I have an ATi Radeon 9700 Pro with the newest drivers installed, and the Creative Labs Audigy sound card (on a 2.8 ghz P4 with Win XP Pro).

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be the problem? I know of no software or settings that have been installed that may be conflicting with Real Player. Searches on the web and on the Real website for occurences of this problem have yielded nothing. Other video players work fine, incidentally (this includes Windows Media, Quicktime, and even playing Real files in JetAudio). Any help is appreciated!

Nicholas Boyd
TransWorldAir

I quit using the real format just because of the Real Player, especially Real One. I would probably just try to find a Real format plugin for Windows Media Player and keep away from the whole nightmare that is Real One.

I use Real Player 8 plus, only when I have to - Real One Sux !! it is nothing but a slow runningg, pc crashing, never connnecting to streaming peace of garbage ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back