Real player and Quicktime

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
I soooooooooooo hate Real Player and Quicktime... I just want the codec to be able to play them. People complain about MS.. these are just a pain in the *** as well.

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
RealPlayer used to toss shortcuts and startup items all over the place, but it's become a little better now. I installed the no-nonsense "Enterprise" version, and I barely even know it exists. It's just there in case I ever need it. Quicktime is dog-slow to load (reminds me of Adobe Reader 6), but again, it's not something I use often enough to be bothered by it.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
real Alternative and Quicktime Alternative are good to use. You will at certain times that they will not work though ..

Petros

Thief IV
The Kazaa Lite mega codec pack is superb and includes both QTA and RA along with a host of other great things; I love how it can be included in an unattended install easily too. >Download<

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
The real update thing used to annoy me, sitting on my taskbar telling me about the latest happenings at "real land"!!:angry:

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
The only reason realplayer is on my system is because it has to be .. I think they should come out with a realplayer lite. Something that don't have all the garbage realplayer has. I know there is real alternative. But, like I said, it don't always work ...

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
The "Enterprise" edition that I mentioned above is basically RealPlayer Lite. None of the "extras" that come with the regular package are included. It's just the player itself and nothing else. Just look for it and try it out. :)

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
I agree that both mentioned in the first post are bloaty and i hate having them on my system, but qquite frankly i would rather have the actually supported application installed than a third-party alternative or codec.

ming

OSNN Advanced
Use Media Player CLassic?? Can play almost all media formats (may require additional codecs for non-standard formats).

Kush

High On Life!
all the codecs are in the mega codec pack, also media player classic and bsplayer, thats why i like this codec pack so much, makes ur pc able to playback any file type. as well as telling you that real and quicktime are installed and prompts you to uninstall them, ahh its that good!

Android412

OSNN Addict
Just download the Real/Quicktime Alternative(s) mentioned above. Either one comes with Media Player Classic, and I've never had a problem with either of them. Combine the two, and should be able to play "almost" everything, without all the extra crap codec packs include.

Xie

- geek -
I would just recommend using something like VLC as it will play most anything Quicktime can I believe. As for Real Player content, I would just forget about it. If someone actually wanted you to view it they wouldn't put in such a format. :)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasty12