real one question

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I just downloaded the real one player...now this is embarrasing...I can't find in preferances how I keep real one from loading on boot...plus, it's not in my msconfig!!!

anyone know how I do this?

I don't use REAL anymore but I remember when I did the "Start with Windows" option was buried somewhere in its preferences. Just search around in there, you'll find it (but not where you'd expect to find it, as I recall).

thanx allan...been looking around, can't find it...which player are you using...I've been using media player, just thought I'd give this a shot

Ditto....

Got rid of it as well, but it is in the preferences, got tired of it making itself default player for every media under the earth.

I would reset the default back to what i wanted and everytime I opened Real Player it would change the defaults again, got tired of it.

hope u have better luck with it

:cool:

I just use WMP - I'm not big into media stuff. I think I once tried musicmatch jukebox and it was great - but more than I need.

far as I can remember... when it loads... it should have something in the startcenter thingy at the bottom of the screen...

from there you should be able to go through preferences and PREVENT it from loading when windows startsup...

also... see if the help for real one has any info on this...

trust me mate... I hate all tese dumb things hogging my boot-time :) so I know where you are coming from...

g.luck mate...

btw I never had any problems with real :) it did what I wnated it to do.. I just use win media... but that is so buggy...but before my last format I exclusively used real... for music only btw...

its good enough... never hcanged my settings... so maybe I had it as the default for some stuff... I dunno...

:D

i believe it's something like Tkebell.exe under msconfig (not sure... but the "bell" part is positive). just another way to get you confused so you don't disable it. But no use deleting it from registry... it will come up again after you reboot and use real. some sites are just pain in the arse and want you to exclusively use real.

ww.winamp.com all the way! And if you need to hear rm files, there are plugins avaialbe for winamp that will work great.

Dealer ,

I use real player and wmp all the time,But I reload the OS a lot so what I learned to do to keep real player from bugging me and loading on start up and such nonsense was to make sure that when I installed that I unchecked everything that it wants 'to do for me automatically',I mean EVERYTHING,even the hidden things,because when I need to use it I can do so MANUALLY,no problem and no start up that you can't see in msconfig! :)

Jan

thanx everybody...gonna reinstall the thing, and take it from there...I'm just frustrated that I can't find the option

thanx again

theres a programme called regcleaner (sorry no link) there is an option to turn off anything that starts at boot up. try that it may work

you have to start real one. then go to preferences. check through all the folders and make adjustments there. uncheck "load start center on boot" or "show start center in task bar". I know it drove me crazy also till I found it.

Originally posted by New Disease
theres a programme called regcleaner (sorry no link) there is an option to turn off anything that starts at boot up. try that it may work

Here it is REGCLEANER

well if your gonna use one of real networks free player id just go with old classic real player 8 and jukebox thats what i use when i want all my files sorted by artist/album and so on otherwise go winamp
Real One i didnt like it used to much of my resources when i had 64 megs of ram besides was a shitty vid player lol so i just use jukebox like it alot more and winamp for normal use
real player 8 is still available on thier site they just hid it lol

Have never been able to make real player behave after install(after the fact).

Only AT the time of install,have I been able to make it work,(unchecking EVERY SINGLE option of convenience) as I stated above.It's so tempting to allow it to do SOMETHING automatically,but 'if you give it an inch...'

Frustrating but true.

Good luck Dealer!

Jan

:)

Honestly, the only thing I've been able to do, other than all the other suggestions already offered, is to use realplayer only when absolutely necessary and remove "tkbell" from Startup after every use.

Any way to get Win Media Player to play realaudio files?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back