Real One Message Center...

M

meancode

hello,

i installed the free Real One player because there was some RM content i wanted to watch. now every so often i get this little popup window, the Real Message Center, tells me that i have a new audio and video message, yada yada yada.

in Real One, View > Message Center i see i can change my options to either get these annoyinng messages once or more a day, once a twice a week, or once or twice a month. there is no option to turn the damned thing off. am i gonna have to just uninstall RM on my machine to get rid of these annoying hradlines from Real? if i block access to Real One in Zone Alarm Pro, then i cant get remote RM content, wich is pretty useless. anything i can do to get rid of those messages that popup?

thanks.

REMOVE real one from your compute, its a horribly invasive program. Then download jet audio, it will play real media files

If you are not collecting anymore real player things then try db power amp. There is a converter for it to do rm files. Only thing is that real player has to be installed so if you are finished collecting stuff in rm format you could convert them over then remove real player.
db power amp is freeware & pretty good too.

Enyo - thank you.

and thanks ill check out the other mentioned apps too.

That real one player is so bloated ..... I still run my real player 8 and refuse to get real player one .....

You can also stop the program loading up at startup by using msconfig.

Originally posted by rushm001
You can also stop the program loading up at startup by using msconfig.

But it comes back! Bar Stewards have fixed it so that if u disable it in MSConfig it re enables itself. Easiest thing is just to delete the .exe -either evntsvc or realsched depending on which version you use, then its defo gone for ever (until the next update anyway :) )

Originally posted by Enyo
Go to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB

Rename evntsvc.exe to evntsvc.old

Stops the message centre but allows real to work correctly.

i do not have that file, i have these

realevent.exe
realsched.exe
rnathchk.exe
rnuninst.exe
rnxproc.exe
upgrdhlp.exe

so wich one do i rename?

well i renamed these two files:

realevent.exe
realsched.exe

and i can still use RealOne, but now Message Center is broken, GEE DARN!

thanks Enyo!

There is a much easier way to stop it. In the Message Center, hit "Options" and "Delivery Preferences." Uncheck everything (although it won't let you uncheck "Software Updates," it isn't that big of a deal). You won't see it again, because you will never get a new message. ;)

Melon

Well, we can see why WMP is kicking RealOne's ass. Real cries "monopoly," but it is ignoring the obvious. Its codecs are terrible quality and its player is bloated. Now why the hell should I support the "underdog," when it clearly has a poor product?

Melon

Originally posted by melon
There is a much easier way to stop it. In the Message Center, hit "Options" and "Delivery Preferences." Uncheck everything (although it won't let you uncheck "Software Updates," it isn't that big of a deal). You won't see it again, because you will never get a new message. ;)

Melon

this is found through Tools > Preferences > Automated Services. if you go to View > Message Center > Options > Display Preferences you cannot uncheck things, only select a different frequency for the messages. in the Automated Services section of the Preferences window you can uncheck "Periodicly check for new messages"

i personally would rather break it by renaming the .exe files to .old, as there would be no way i could get some stupid request to or from REAL.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back