Ready to upgrade..

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
I have an EVGA 8800 GTS 640mb video card...i love it but it gets hot, i would like to move up and get a better card but keep a reasonable budget. Any thought?

Is there really a $120+ difference between the 5850 and 5870? I have the same card as FbD and could use an upgrade.

Not necessarily the best bang for the buck, but rather the highest end while still remotely reasonable, I recommend one of these two video cards:

XFX HD-487A-ZWFC Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

or

XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

They both have lifetime warranties. I bought an HIS 4850 about six months ago and have been very happy with it.

With the cards that have HDMI built in, if i ran it to my TV, will i need a separate cable for for my audio?

From what I've read, on any recent ATI video card, at least in the 47xx or higher range, then the sound is passed through the HDMI as well, or even through DVI if you use the appropriate DVI->HDMI adapter (some cards come with it and some you have to buy additional).

5770s are about equal in power to a 4870, but have DX11 support and INCREDIBLE power savings (<30W at idle!). 4890s are also under $200 these days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back