• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Read Only folders problem

S

Sastan

Hi there, recently I tried copying some files from my DVD-ROM to my HDD, yet it wouldn't copy. When I checked my file directory, it turns out that all the folers in my C:\ drive are set to Read Only. When I uncheck that tickbox, and apply the changes, then go back to see if it's taken effect, it still remains in Read Only mode.

Any ideas as to how to correct this?

Regards,
Sastan

S

Sastan

It's not the files themselves...I can change the Read Only attributes on those individually, but I can't change the folder settings.

Regards,
Sastan

S

Sastan

It's with the admin account (the only account on my system) that I have this problem.

*cries*

S

Sastan

Okay, I found something that may be of use in working out what's wrong. I've taken a screenshot of what it looks like when I look at the folder attributes, it's the one on the left. On the right is what happens if I click on 'read only' twice.

The one on the right is the normal black tick, the one I get is a grey color.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Sastan

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
I think your problem might be somewhere else. When I look at my folders they are all 'read only' with a green box. If I click twice I get a green arrow. I can still burn ok & move files around with the green box which I assume is the same as the greyed out one of yours.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage