RE :To The People of The World

L

Leo154

I thought you could speak freely in this site... obviously not... what is everyone afraid of speaking... I'm not looking for trouble... its an important issue which needs to be talked about with this community... if you dont like to speak don't reply... simple as that... you dont need to close topics because "its looking for trouble"... He got to speak, so did I .. Why are you trying to shut us out?

To ask why it was closed..... thats obvious... I'm not saying lets talk here.. I'm saying why did you close it... you obviously misunderstood me...

It would start an argument, that's not wanted. Arugments bring out the worst in members. I realized my post was going to bring back some replies, but I was not intending to reply to that thread any longer. Just to the original poster.

If I was a mod, I would have closed that thread also. However, the original post angered me greatly, and I had to reply to that

Think common sense. We are all friends here, or we try to be, and doing a good job at it. " Raq " came out of nowhere with that post of his, and look what it has done.

Ah...another thread to be closed.

Originally posted by Leo154
To ask why it was closed.....

quoting the forum guidelines that so many of you never read:

Flaming - will not be tolerated, while we try to allow people to voice their opinions we do not want to see posts that offend other forum members.

Nationality - Members at this forum represent countries from around the globe. Political propaganda will not be tolerated. Deliberate and/or malicious "country bashing" will result in action up to and including user ban depending on severity.

NTFS reserves the right to edit or delete any message that does not adhere to or comply with these guidelines. We also reserve the right to ban individuals who repeatedly violate them.

Look man, I'm not angry with you or anything... we are talking about something important. I always argue with my real friends (friends in real life) I swear at him, I cuss him ...he swears back...but we are still friends... If we be civilised then we can exchange opinion... especially in something like this... The difference in opinion between me and you is important so that people think. And others may contribute and say stuff... That is the way of arguments... But if you dont want to argue because you're afraid of getting flame wars or stuff like that then thats you're opinion... dont make people close threads because it MAY get wierd... and even if it did where is the harm done....

I just think stuff like this are important... Okay, you'll say not it this forum, I'll go to other forums it thats what you want, with these issues, but i know alot of people here and want to find out their ideas...

Sorry Nick M if you get so worked up about this...You want to close the thread? go ahead... but keep in mind that Nick M is the only person who replied... and it may be that other people want to have a say....

just wanted to post my 2 cents..

firstly nick is NOT a mod therefore he can't close threads :)

now as far as this community goes... all communities you go to online have forum guidelines like what xsiv posted... basically this is a guideline of behavior expected called netiquette...

in order to run the website and keep everyone happy to the greatest extent we can... we do monitor posts/edit things and occasionally if it is deemed inappropriate or getting out of hand... move the thread...

you can speak freely on this site... we encourage people to... but we also EXPECT people to follow the rules that they agree to abide by posting here :)

sometimes by enforcing the rules we may not endear ourselves to all the members of this community BUT it has to be done on occasion... if you want to argue a point... just stay within bounds... if it gets a bit rowdy than it will first be monitored and then possibly closed/moved...

here is my thing though... your choice of words...

you say you WANT to have an ARGUMENT...

if you really wanted to talk about issues...you would have a DISCUSSION and we have these all the time... say about mid-east issues or certain laws or products being released...

starting a thread with the idea of having an ARGUMENT is not constructive IMHO...

:cool:

if you do have questions about what you can or cannot do... you may go ahead and ask in a pm or email... :)

okay, excuse my English... I thought arguing an issue is the same as disccuising it... both have difference of opinion.... but thats not what we're discussing ;)

Originally posted by Leo154
okay, excuse my English... I thought arguing an issue is the same as disccuising it... both have difference of opinion.... but thats not what we're discussing ;)

ah discussing... ;)

good work leo... you just passed your first english test...

/me gives leo a cookie

that was cold...

Anyway, its 3 AM here and I'm too tired so goodnight

cold ?

it was sposed to be funny :cool:

besides... I like cookies :)

There are enough problems in the world. Do you actually beleive that creating a thread with the intent that that had was going to acomplish anything short of starting an all out political arguement and nastiness??? Plus, do you think it is the only place on this planet with disasters, death, sorrow and war??? The only thing a thread like that does in an envirement such as this, with so many people from so many parts of the world is to antagonize them into a political debate of nastinessand posibly even hatered. I could start thread upon thread about the persecution on my ansestors, the native american indian and mexican americans. I could start threads on the persecution of all types and it would just start arguements and flamming and utter nastiness. But people with intellegence don't do thatin places like this. They search out forums specifically for that topic and speak out there. Not in a forum that is not geared for that type of subject. Now you say that people should be aware of these things. Do you actually think that we are ignorant??? I think NOT. We are intellegent people here and we know what goes on in our world in which we live. If you think the thread was closed because we don't want that type of posting then you are the one that may be ignorant. Guidelines are everywhere in this world. They are there to regulate and deter problems. The guidelines here are specifically for keeping the peace and for keeping people together in a happy tranquil envirement. Some many different ethnic backgrounds here, from all over the world. Do you see them posting threads about the plite of their countries, the persecution they may be enduring??? NO. And you know why??? Because they have a sense of what is correct to post and why. Be it moraly, politicaly or otherwise they understand that this place is a middle ground for all peole of any and all backgrounds to come together and speak to each other without the thoughts of pain, suffering or political unrest. They come here post questions about their machines (computers)> they post jokes to make light of things to be joyful. They post comments on sports, movies, new products pictures of lovely women, Some are women here and post pics of semi-neked men. :eek: But we enjoy ourselves here. We know what goes on in the world around us but we don't briung it to the table when we are in here.

This is our sanctuary, and how dare you imply that we are trying to just close threads because we want to. We closed it because it is damaging to the harmony of this place. If you want to be in a forum that is always discusing political unrest or persecution or death and distruction, then this is NOT the place for you or him. We take this forum seriously as to being of a safe place from the world around us. We occasionally comment on our day at work or at school or our families and such. We cosole each other to feel good happy. That thread had one objective only and that was to create a cloud of unrest and discord amoungsh us. We don't need to voice out what we feel as to that subject. What we feel is our own buisness and noone elses. To create arguements and flaming and nastiness between people about a subject such as that is not to bring simpathy to that part of the world it is to create kaos in this part of OUR world.

I understand what he was tryind to say... but there was more to it then that.

This is my rant. :cool:

is this arguement about me and leo????? (hope not b/c that was old and i haven't argued with him for a while lol)

nevermidn i read the other post...sorry about that big thing about iraq. that was weird.....i mean its ok to have an opinion but raq shouldn't of posted that. it doens't really have to do with computer but this is general..........i think he should of tried not ot post it but if he did i think people should try not to reply so harshly.....

I will try to keep it short and sweet (?):

- I was polite, I welcomed raq - but I also left him/her know that I was not pleased with the content of their post - without flaming or insulting.

- I knew where the thread would head - I've been thru the rants and raves over 911 and other political issues/nonissues. I have seen one consistent thing thru all of this - the thread gets closed - as it should!

- I am an old fart and have a very good understanding of our multinational audience with my military background (17 1/2 years spent in Europe, Japan and Southeast Asia), so perhaps this situation would have never occured had I reported this thread instead of responding to this thread.

- So, I guess I owe the members and the mods an apology for not nipping this thing in the bud before it blossomed. Sorry !

Originally posted by damnyank
I will try to keep it short and sweet (?):

- I was polite, I welcomed raq - but I also left him/her know that I was not pleased with the content of their post - without flaming or insulting.

- I knew where the thread would head - I've been thru the rants and raves over 911 and other political issues/nonissues. I have seen one consistent thing thru all of this - the thread gets closed - as it should!

- I am an old fart and have a very good understanding of our multinational audience with my military background (17 1/2 years spent in Europe, Japan and Southeast Asia), so perhaps this situation would have never occured had I reported this thread instead of responding to this thread.

- So, I guess I owe the members and the mods an apology for not nipping this thing in the bud before it blossomed. Sorry !

huh ?

:confused:

The original thread will answer that. "To the people of the world." Posted ealier today. Or yesterday depending on where you are.

dy,
You owe us nothing ;)

You said as you saw it.......just as raq did

Alan:cool:

To gonaads : Thanx for clearing it up, you're the only one to have ansered my question... I still believe you misunderstood me, but since this is no place to discuss such vile matters, I'm gonna go to the other joke sections, and technical support and I'm going to make a sig showing as much female skin as possible.... thats what this forum is all about I guess...

:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back