Re: scroll bar goes up and down or right and left uncontrollable

rudysup

OSNN Newbie
Hi, I just bought Dell's notebook 510M and installed win2k, ms office, ms visual studio and MS SQLserver 2k.Then, when I ran applications such as MS word or Excel or VB, the scroll bar went up and down or right and left uncontrollable sometimes, but other times are OK. I was wondering what caused it. I'd appreciate if someone could help me. Thanks.

I have the original mouse that comes with the laptop and I add a MS wireless optical mouse. I'll try to uninstall the wireless one. Thanks.

Yes remove any pointer (mouse) drivers, reboot and then reinstall the optical ones, but first make sure you have the latest drivers for the specific pointer (mouse) you wish to use.

This may sound stupid but I have this problem on my laptop sometimes when I'm typing and it happens because my palm strays over the touchpad and moves my cursor. Try disabling your touchpad (if you have one).

I would guess you are clicking the scroll wheel (and maybe not realizing it)

If you click the scroll wheel (in the center of your mouse) the page will auto scroll up and down or sideways on it's own.

If this happens again just click the scroll wheel and see if it corrects the problem.

I've done this myself and thought WTF stop stop!!! I can't read that fast :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back