Re: saving e-mail

J

Johncki

hey all. hows everyone doing? good i hope. My Q is this. I get alot of great jokes on e-mail from my brother. well after i forward them. Is there a simple way to send them into my documents so I can have them out of outlook. not to delete them? Thanks :)

I use Outlook Express - but I imagine it is pretty close to the same.

This will save the entire e-mail (including to, from. subject etc)

Open the email, File, Save as, select desination where you want to save it , add a name and Save.

I have a folder called Jokes (how originial) and I add a number to the end of it (I'm up to Jokes #11) and periodically (like every 6 months) - I move them to a multisession cdr, clear out the folder on my hdd, rename it to the next number and start collecting jokes again.

Hope this is some help - I am sure there is probably another 100 ways people archieve their jokes.

so Damnyank you put a number in the save as so it won't owverwrite the other fwd's right? That's a great way to do it. sometimes I just have to say duh ya dummy! jeeeeeshh that's why I love this forum.. Thanks again and have a great day : )

Johncki - I think ya misunderstood.

I open the message I sent out (I usually use "Jokes for (a date)" or the name of the joke in the e-mail subject so I can find it again later).

I use the numbers on the folder that I am saving the jokes to: ie the first folder I started with about 2 computers and 6 years ago was Jokes # 1, currently I am up to Jokes #11.

After I move the jokes in the folder to cdr - I empty the folder I just copied, and then rename the folder to the next number (my next folder will be 12) and start saving jokes into that folder.

I don't number anything as far as the save as goes - although everyone does things their way - whatever makes sense to you and whatever you understand seems to be the best way to things.:D

Got it now Damnyank....jeez after i did it. i thought how &*&69 simple. now there saved. thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back