RE: Kazaa lite

J

Johncki

hey all. how's everyone..My question is this. I downloaded the Lite version of Kazaa and installed and then ran my ad-aware which i keep up to date. Now heres a kicker..Lite says that it put a dummy dll in the regestry right? well i have ran my ad-aware and it does not pick it up at all. anyone else run into this...Strange

that's because the dummy dll is not spyware, hence kazaa lite, it is a file that imitates the original "kazaa" spyware to keep kazaa lite working, but it doesnt contain any spyware, thats why ad-aware doesnt pick it up.

First of all the dummy dll file (cd_clint.dll) isn't placed in the registry, but is saved as a file in I believe the System32 folder and/or the KaZaA Lite folder (at least the latest version does). You might check your harddisk with Ad Aware to be sure. Ad Aware only does as far as I know file searching on your harddisk and is also capable to check the Registry. So even if the file contains nothing but crap (or nothing at all...), Ad Aware should pick it up, saying it is spyware.
Thought you wanna know, not trying to pick on anyone, I am not mad, I am just trying to set things right.

that's what i thought Glaanieboy. I found it in the program files. When i read the install it told me that there would be a crap file and that ad-aware would find it and to put it in the ignore list. well adaware didn't find it. No big deal. It still works good and all. it was just one of those thought moments...like why is that Ad-aware not finding that...... no biggie...I have the version 2 and dont understand the participation leval..I share almost everthing and it says my leval is 4 low..What's up with that?

There is a program out there that will increase your level. can't remember what it was called though. I heard that the participation level was a joke/crap and didn't work to will unless you pay money...or something like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back