Re-installing XP-Pro

H

Herbert

I have a problem with my XP install and need to re-install it. I have tried but the best I can do is to end up with a fresh install (all my previous icons, shortcuts, etc are gone but all the files are still there). I have a dual boot Win98 and XP Pro. There used to be a way to reinstall Win98. It would go through the whole install and when complete, the desktop would look just like it did before starting except that the OS files were freshly copied. Is that same thing possible with XP-Pro ???

Never liked the idea of doing it that way. Whatever was causing the problem is still there & will cause problems again. I always go for a clean install.

Find the file 'winnt32.exe' in the installation directory (i386), launch it and choose upgrade while xp is running. I believe that's the one you're looking for. Let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back