RDF backend broken

I have tracked the problem down to http://www.osnn.net/comments.php?shownews=10151. As you can see, it gives an error at "<li>Fixed some problems with DVD-RAM devices on Windows NT/2000...</note>", because the RDF program it obviously set to break the <note> thingy at a certain point, BUT that means that the final </li> tag for the DVD-RAM bit is missing, thus giving the error. Is it possible to remove the breaking?

It is 'fixed' now, the newspost in question has been bumped down enough not to show up anymore in the RDF backend. Still, when a post with <li> thingies shows up and it breaks down in the middle of a <li>, then the problem will return.

Ah, that could prove to be quite troublesome. EP Will need to look into this when he gets back.

I'm sure that the <notes> tag is used for Kipfolio so it can't be killed. Although just stripping tags from getting in there should be a possibility.

SPeedY_B said:
Ah, that could prove to be quite troublesome. EP Will need to look into this when he gets back.

I'm sure that the <notes> tag is used for Kipfolio so it can't be killed. Although just stripping tags from getting in there should be a possibility.
I was thinking, that there should be no character limit in the <notes></notes> tags, that would eliminate the errors I got. Then you could put character limits in the application requesting the RDF feed. (I hope I make sense here)

No matter how much you limit it, somewhere down the line a tag will likely slip in. Just removing the tags should sort it out.

I have been trying to modify the script to remove the tags, I will try and sort it when I get home, I would really like you php gurus help on this one :D

Oh, what is the notes line actually used for? removing the tags may screw things up dependant on its use..

I was going to suggest that, but thought that when parsed (this is why I asked where it's used.) you'd get the <>'s rather than the actual tags..

SPeedY_B said:
Oh, what is the notes line actually used for? removing the tags may screw things up dependant on its use..
You mean <notes></notes>?, that is where the actual news post is.

SPeedY_B said:
I was going to suggest that, but thought that when parsed (this is why I asked where it's used.) you'd get the <>'s rather than the actual tags..
Yeah, but you can change that back with html_entity_decode().

Yeah I mean ideally I would like to remove all vbcode and all html tags.
I mean't to do it a long time ago actually ;)

I'll post the relevent code and have a look myself when I get home.

Ok, various tags have been stripped out.
Chances are we missed a few, but I will deal with those as they appear!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back