Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrimStone

is anyone useing a razer with xp home? and if so what drivers

BrimStone

I have tried Tons of drivers - none work correctly

They say they are creating XP drivers SOON :

XP Drivers: Over the last two weeks we have received over 1,500 emails and letters requesting Razer XP drivers. As has always been our practice, we listen to our customers and have already begun the development of Razer XP drivers. We are anticipating posting betas on our drivers page very soon. We will update you just as soon as we have a definite completion date.

Hopefully they will work. Right now mines conflicts with my optical trackball. :(

Thanks ZMAN......I guess I'll just have to wait for razer

Brim

Ugh!

Im using the Razor BoomSlang 2000 DPI... i used the Razor boomslang Windows ME drivers in XP along time.. they acctualy worked good.. win2k drivers didnt..now im waiting 4 windows Xp drivers..

Yeah ---THE On the FLY button Rocks by the way.. really cool feature--

LightWave

hmmm

Ok... So which drivers are the best to use?? I don't think Razor is going to come through with xp drivers. So are there any tweaks or hints you can give me b4 I install anything. I don't get my razor for another week. I am sure there are a few tips someone can give me b4 I start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx
Sm|th

I have had a boomslang 2000 for a long time now. And it has followed me through many versions of Windows. At first I installed the razor software, and was fairly happy with it. However, once I upgraded to Win2k, I decided to just use the default auto-detected driver windows found the first time I plugged the boomslang in. So that has been working for me.

Once I got WinXP I again just let windows do its thing, and it found and installed a default driver that enables the mouse fairly well. Of course, you don't get any of those on-the-fly features, but at least you can still benifit from the 2000dpi of the mouse itself. And anyway, the razor software was kind of crappy to begin with.

Here is what I am running, and have had no problems:

- Windows XP Pro
- Razor Boomslang 2000 (using USB connection)
- Default drivers (windows detected and installed)

I wouldn't think the home edition would make much of a difference.

cool

Thats good news...

What does xp detect it as? standard ps2 mouse or does it actually see that it is a razor mouse?

Also has anyone been running the win2k driver with any tweaks to make it work. Someone mentioned ME drivers..that seems wierd that they would work with xp.

I really want one of these badboys in my mission to become as l33t as Lightwave at CS, currently have a trackball which is horrid for FPSs tho I ahve perfected the 90 degree and 180 degree 'flick' currently after a processor upgrade, but will then look into a new mouse, what makes this mouse so , erm, special ?

Come on all you boomslangers jump in here with some advice...I find people in this forum getting less and less helpful because there sooo many threads etc. Just too much to read to and respond.

Originally posted by zman

They say they are creating XP drivers SOON :

Just have to be patient. I am really interested in getting on eof these mice and I just noticed that they have a new line about to be released, which I guess will have XP drivers right out of the box.

I also pulled this right off their drivers page:
http://www.razerzone.com/products/drivers.html

http://www.razerzone.com/drivers/drvr2012.exe
Windows9x/2k driver

That is your best bet for now, I don't have this mouse *yet) so can't really recommend any tweaks :(
Sure they will have something released soon!

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
I just noticed that they have a new line about to be released, which I guess will have XP drivers right out of the box.

What do you mean they have a 'new line' coming out? New mice? Got a site with info? Sorry if I'm completely missing something.. I haven't slept for a couple nights.

Might not be a new line, just never really paid attention to them much, been reading up and want one :D

I guess I'm one of the lucky one's. I have had my Razer 2000 running from 98 SE through to XP Pro without a hitch.

My only advice is to remove the trackball and it's drivers. Then remove the Razer drivers, reinstall the Razer drivers and see if it works first without having installed the trackball. If it works then go ahead install the trackball but only using the native XP drivers.

Goodluck :)

Rock On!!!:cool:

o0RaidR0o

I am not following you on installing and uninstalling a trackball... what trackball the boomslang doesn't have one.

lets start at the beginning :)

1. Unpack mouse and plug it in.. start comp
2. I assume xp will detect it and install a driver to use
3. since there is not xp driver that 'razor' makes... I am wondering should I use the winme drivers, the win2k drivers or just leave the generic driver that xp gave it.
4. Lets assume I leave the default driver, will it still be 2000dpi?? and have the same speed and accurancy... or is it dependent on the razor software bundled with the driver.
5. Lets say for the sake of arguement I want to try the ME drivers or the Win2k just too see if they work... does anyone know which is better and are there and specific things to do first.

Ok...I think that covered it I welcome and help and appreciate it... thx guys

BTW My razor is in the mail...so I haven't tried a thing yet :p

ok

I have the mouse now.. I loaded it up in ps2 mode.. but you can't install drivers that way.. so I switched to usb and I used the winme drivers... it recognized the system as win2k installed the software and boom.. it all works... on the fly sensitivity and eveything else.. no trouble yet.

Boomslang XP driver?

lol, I remember when they first stated on their website that It was going to be the first week in December 2001. Owell, Im not holding my breath.

Electronic Punk said:
Just have to be patient. I am really interested in getting on eof these mice and I just noticed that they have a new line about to be released, which I guess will have XP drivers right out of the box.

I also pulled this right off their drivers page:
http://www.razerzone.com/products/drivers.html

http://www.razerzone.com/drivers/drvr2012.exe
Windows9x/2k driver

That is your best bet for now, I don't have this mouse *yet) so can't really recommend any tweaks :(
Sure they will have something released soon!

Thanks for the driver (2642hm):) :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back