Raxco PerfectDisk2000 v8.0

rotjong

OSNN Senior Addict
From a recent email I received:

Dear Valued Raxco Customer,

We are pleased to present a special early bird notice to you!

PerfectDisk Version 8.0 will be launched to the general public on September 12th, 2006. Because you are covered under our Support and Upgrade Protection program, we are happy to make Version 8 available to you now, ahead of the general release.
and

PerfectDisk 8 contains many enhancements, including:

- new Command Center console if you are managing multiple machines
- redesigned user interface
- faster engine including new patent-pending Resource Saver technology for faster file access
- new intelligent Screen Saver mode
- new graphical displays
- enhanced scheduling options with AutoPilot Scheduling (formerly Scheduling)
- new Single File Defrag
- new Consolidate Free Space
- new CPU and I/O throttling
- new automatic Shutdown after defrag
- new Power Management

PerfectDisk 8 is another big step forward for the industry's leading disk defragmenter.
And here's a screenshot: http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h236/rotjong/PerfectDisk2000/pd2k8.png. I have to say I am not enthusiastic about the GUI.

rotjong

Bought the last 2 versions as well as having various conversations with em, never got this offer :s

Bought the last 2 versions as well as having various conversations with em, never got this offer :s

Do you have the support and upgrade protection? I've been using PerfectDisk since version 4. I just received the email yesterday if my memory is working correctly.

The "workstation" version seems to have been replaced by what is now called the "professional" version.

does it show defrag progress in realtime like OO defrag?

I've never used OO. How exactly do you mean real-time? PerfectDisk shows the files being moved as it is defragging if that is what you mean. You see the fragments moved and consolidated. Nothing has changed with how the view is compared to the previous versions, however, minus the fugly colour scheme they're using now.

rotjong

OO defrag shows whcich blocks its reading from and writing to as it processes them. PD 7 just updates huge chunks as and when on my PC.

OO defrag shows whcich blocks its reading from and writing to as it processes them. PD 7 just updates huge chunks as and when on my PC.

At the bottom it shows which file is being moved/optimized/etc. I don't think in PD7 you could but now you can click on a button to see the filename of the current file being dealt with.

rotjong

heh just checked raxco.co.uk, looks like they got hacked judging by their news bar on the top right :p

How can one control PD on another machine with the erm.... connect to another pc function? I've never been able to do it. Do I need to have a server & client version of the product or something?

i've always liked PerfectDisk..... but haven't used it in a while. think i usually format WAAAYYYYY too often for defragging. lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back