Raxco PerfectDisk 7.0

Kush

High On Life!
Well knowing that this is the best defragmenter, as i have tested alot of them and this is the one that does it the best/fastest and gets any computer i use it on a huge performance boost if it was fragmented, it just has gotten faster, better, and looks better, last one i was using was 6.0 somthing. now its better hope to see your results in this thread, this is a 30 day trial link btw well worth the money in my opinion, im using the trial for now, when i get to canada or the states ill surely buy it!

http://ftp.raxco.com/pub/download/pd70/pd70ds.exe
http://www.raxco.com - main website

didn't it come out 2 weeks ago?
it was posted on the software section of osnn 2 weeks ago

damn, then i must be behind, sorry about that then, anyways post your results in here i guess

Yeah, I posted and purchased it when it was released :p

yup its great :)
I'll be getting the my upgrade from 6 to 7 soon :)

7 just looks upgly :p

Yeah, its pretty nice.
7 is alot flashier looking than 6, which is kinda interesting, not sure if I like the shaded blocks, but truth be told it isn't there to look pretty :)

Electronic Punk said:
Yeah, its pretty nice.
7 is alot flashier looking than 6, which is kinda interesting, not sure if I like the shaded blocks, but truth be told it isn't there to look pretty :)

I've used PerfectDisk since version 5. It's always been good, IMO. They say there is a speed increase between version 6 and 7 but I can't say I've noticed it yet. As for the flashier UI... *snore* I'm a bit tired of decent apps being given flashy UIs. :rolleyes: I just want a solid app that works! :)

rotjong

Exactly, I like the tarting up of the interface, but the progress map should have been left.

Not noticed a difference in speed, but I have lots of big files on my hdd to defrag now (cheers half-life 2 :eek:)

I been using this for the past couple of weeks. I like it alot. It beats diskeeper hands down .. :)

Electronic Punk said:
Exactly, I like the tarting up of the interface, but the progress map should have been left.

Not noticed a difference in speed, but I have lots of big files on my hdd to defrag now (cheers half-life 2 :eek:)
mine has a progress map, and a progress bar.
I ESPECIALLY like the option on every scan to do a simple defrag versus smart placement

smart placement SHOULD NOT be done indescriminantly...do it once in a while, especially those of you that like to defrag all the time.

btw...if you analyse first, it will tell you which is the best choice.

I think I'll suggest an interface option to let the program automate which defrag should be done

AN EXCELLANT PROGRAM

I'm more and more impressed with this program.

once an optimization is done, the speed of future scans is remarkable

but my biggest joy is the evaluation...this is an honest evaluation, and it gives good advice on whether a defrag is a good choice, and which defrag is the most productive

honestly, you shouldn't do defrags as a daily task, as you won't notice any performance gain doing it frequently, and you will be putting wear on your disk that isn't healthy

good program and high marks from me...I have sent a few refinements I'd like to see of to raxco

if you're using another companies defrag, give this one a go

I want to suggest to everyone that after the first pagefile optimization, exclude that file from future defrags

properly sized pagefile won't get fragmented once it's contiguous...but this program will move the pagefile to better areas on the disc, depending on how much info is written on the disk

I don't like moving the pagefile for such small gains...all of the files have to be moved out and moved around and I don't like all that work on the drive unless it's going to give an enormous gain

so optimize the pagefile once, then exclude it until your drive has changed character drastically

also, if you've deleted a bunch of files, I wouldn't let the program optimized the pagefile either, since the drive will likely fill again anyway

It wouldn't do the page file anyway would it, thought that was done during on offline format (ie during boot)

ya, I'm talking doing a pagefile defrag once off line, then exclude the file from future offline defrags

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back