RAR Password

N

Not Bman

I have a bunch of old files with passwords....

how do I get those passwords........and im serious...im not doing anything illegal!

omg you're stealing the internet!!

a google for "RAR Password Cracker" turned up http://www.rarpasswordcracker.com/ which is shareware and mentions some limitations for the evaluation version but doesnt seem to stipulate anywhere what those limitations might consist of.

Should mention that RAR 3.x archives are 128-bit AES encrypted so even if you chose a dictionary word and not something random it might take you a while get to get back in.

And you dont remember your passwords?

best part is if this was a noobie he would be told to take a hike.

Thats largely because most n00bies come here after getting a passworded rar file from TPB or elsewhere :p

I never believe someone forgets their password, I just dont buy into it.

I have to change my login at work every other month, I never write it down, it has to be 8 characters min including numbers, letters, caps and special characters and you can't use the same one as one of the previous 8.

Believe me, it can happen :cool:

I think previous 8 is over kill we enforce passwords as well at work, but here we are talking rar so how hard do you make your own passwords?
Better yet why would you use passwords on your own .rar's?
There not your own you say.. great ask your buddy who made them what his passwords are.

I have to change my login at work every other month, I never write it down, it has to be 8 characters min including numbers, letters, caps and special characters and you can't use the same one as one of the previous 8.

or you could do your password like this

0Snndotnet!1
then change it to
0Snndotnet!2
then change it to
0Snndotnet!3
etc

and you wont ever forget :)

Thats exactly what I tell the people at work when I am showing them how to make their passwords .

if bman is successful in "cracking" the files, he's telling the truth i think. if he comes back in 6 months and tells us he's done it, he's been lying.

if you don't know anything about the password "you" set, unlikely you will crack it in a reasonable amount of time, better to just give up.

Like the time you first find out that you can protect an archive of all your files, so you do. But you don't use the archive but you later delete some of your files and you want them back but by then you've forgotten your password.

I not only have to remember and change my password on the LAN but I have 40+ mainframe LPAR passwords that need to be changed monthly. My LAN password has to be 8 characters min with 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Most mainframe passwords follow the same rule but there are a few that differ. Not only do I keep a spreadsheet of my passwords, I constantly forget a few due to lack of use. The helpdesk loves me :s

Thats why im glad im no nood around here, and yea i would forget passwords. These files which were on very old cds i found in a box downstairs, i want to know what these files are, there all named weirdly, I have changed my password many times since those days lol

Even though there were some limitations i used that software along with knowing the kind of stuff i used to use as passwords and I got these files opened.

Can ya guess what they were?

I must have about 10 or so different passwords to remember for various applications at work. I have to admit though with my network password, which needs to be changed every 45 or so days, I just change the number on the end of it. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back