Rant on ATI

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
i have had 3 ATI products in my life time and the best one that i have had was the ati readon pro 8mb, old but was good at the time for me and always worked. and still does. but now what the hell are they doing, i had a readon 8500 and it was crap drivers and there tech support was a joke, i explain it in tech talk and they are confused on what i am saying, there have been nermous times where they have said that i broke the warranty but they don’t tell me how and other just hang up on me, and now because i was bored i bought the ati PIC tv wonder, it is a wonder how they make it work, i got there bets update from then that is old as hell and does not totally work, and i installed it then they wanted me to reinstall my ati media player software which i did, thinking it needed a part from the cd, and then they deleted my dx 9 and put 8 back in and they erased my old drivers and put the ones that don’t work with xp in and all this was done with out asking me, and to double check that i read everything it said in the installation and the read me file, then i have to restart about 100 times and it still does not work, so i call there famous tech support and they say that my computer cant handle it and i need a new video card to process it, so far my pc i almost brand new and it has supported many things before, then they say that i put the card in wrong or damaged it, that is possible but not believable but i checked and it was fine, nothing looked damaged at all and was all good, they then tell me that it is my fault that there software update does not work and they say "sorry i cant help you on that good bye"
HOW THE HELL DO THEY STAY IN BUSINESS, they are dumb as hell and i am not royally pissed at them. . but yea that is my rant, and my pc can handle the stuff, here are specs.

AMD 2000+ xp, 512DDR (pc2700) 3x 40gb 7200rpm, LG 16x DVD, LG 32x CDRW, 350w power supply, and an aopen ak7 mobo(not the best i know) and an sound blaster aduigy gamer with an NVIDIA gforce 4 mx 440 64mb.

yea that is my rant and sorry if i offended anyone but i needed to blow steam, LOL i need a Drink

Re: Rany on ATI

Originally posted by canadian_divx
i have had 3 ATI products in my life time and the best one that i have had was the ati readon pro 8mb, old but was good at the time for me and always worked. and still does. but now what the hell are they doing, i had a readon 8500 and it was crap drivers and there tech support was a joke, i explain it in tech talk and they are confused on what i am saying, there have been nermous times where they have said that i broke the warranty but they don’t tell me how and other just hang up on me, and now because i was bored i bought the ati PIC tv wonder, it is a wonder how they make it work, i got there bets update from then that is old as hell and does not totally work, and i installed it then they wanted me to reinstall my ati media player software which i did, thinking it needed a part from the cd, and then they deleted my dx 9 and put 8 back in and they erased my old drivers and put the ones that don’t work with xp in and all this was done with out asking me, and to double check that i read everything it said in the installation and the read me file, then i have to restart about 100 times and it still does not work, so i call there famous tech support and they say that my computer cant handle it and i need a new video card to process it, so far my pc i almost brand new and it has supported many things before, then they say that i put the card in wrong or damaged it, that is possible but not believable but i checked and it was fine, nothing looked damaged at all and was all good, they then tell me that it is my fault that there software update does not work and they say "sorry i cant help you on that good bye"
HOW THE HELL DO THEY STAY IN BUSINESS, they are dumb as hell and i am not royally pissed at them. . but yea that is my rant, and my pc can handle the stuff, here are specs.

AMD 2000+ xp, 512DDR (pc2700) 3x 40gb 7200rpm, LG 16x DVD, LG 32x CDRW, 350w power supply, and an aopen ak7 mobo(not the best i know) and an sound blaster aduigy gamer with an NVIDIA gforce 4 mx 440 64mb.

yea that is my rant and sorry if i offended anyone but i needed to blow steam, LOL i need a Drink

I am glad you have had such nice experiences with a canadian product :)

by the way... there are known issues between creative products and other cards in a system... they CAN cause problems (creative caused.. not the other way round)

a nice place to put your rant would be www.rage3d.com in their off topic lounge...

IMO... ati makes good products... they had driver problems before but are much advanced in that area now...

ati's tech support is a lot more hands on now because of their renewed focus on drivers and they generally take as much info as can be provided by the customer...

if you have had a bad experience... fire of this rant to their customer service department and let them have it...

you learn something new every day

but this just toaly lowers my idea of how good canada is lol

Originally posted by canadian_divx
you learn something new every day

but this just toaly lowers my idea of how good canada is lol

well ati has raised my views on canadian electronics... :)

I have had ati's since 1998... :) have had 5 cards since then...

rage pro/an 16mb ati AIW card... dunno what it was called... lol...

radeon 7200 pci... radeon 8500 retail (128mb ddr) and now my current card.. the 9700pro...

always good experience...

I have had 2 nvidia cards... gf2 and gf2 ultra... both gave me probs out the wazoo so I got rid of em... also not good enough for multimedia...

have not used nvidia cards in MY rigs for a while though I have tweaked a couple of friends computers.... (they have 4400 and 4200 cards)

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back