randome rebooting

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
ok people. here is one for yea that i tryed last night but not too sure on. i have a few ideas but just a few. heres the problem

i just built a new computer into a case that was on order for a month.
specs:
aspire Qpack case
amd 3400 S754 CPU
1gb samsung memory
asus K8v-mx motherboard
aspire 420W PSU
2x seagate 160gb hdd's
samsung DVD burner.
quadro 750xgl 256 card.
there are no lights in the case. and there is a 120mm fan at the rear.

the CPU does not get hot. it sits about 39 and case is about 30. max i have see the sys go to was 51

it will happen in windows when doing nothing. or it will happen when chatting on net or anything. its totaly randome. does anyone have any ideas?

i have tested mem with memtest 86.
the cpu in anouther system for 4 hours works fine.
video was pulled from working PC. and its not getting hot.
and i can get 3dmark 2005 to run just fine on it too but the second time i did it, it restarted after i finished it.
also the system is on a UPC that is also running anouther pc and its fine. and the power status is also fine.

i aws thinking possably the PSU or a bad hdd, anyone else got any ideas tho that i should try?

does it BSOD before rebooting? or does it just reboot. Check for shorts. I had a pc that would reboot when it was nudged a bit, it was a shorted out wire. But if you arent nudging or moving the tower at all, this may not be your answer.

the tower sits on top of the desk and does not move. and there is no BSOD it just reboots and does not even come up with the error reporting window

My bet would be on the PS. Buy another one at a local store, hook it up and see if it reboots. If it doesn't reboot, then it's not the PS and you can go return it to the store. If it is -- problem solved :)

This may also be the RAM, even though you tested it with the software. If you have two sticks, try using just one at at time and see if it happens. I've had bad memory crap out on me and do exactly what it's doing to you.

ok the PSU i just got off the shelf now but mem hmmm. LOL it never really corssed my mind about that one. wow ok. but when i get home i will check that out also and i got a new psu so that works well too

any other ideas tho?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back