Random, repeated UT reboots.....

D

DaMaN

While in the middle of a fragfest battle of Capture the Flag in an Internet multiplay of Unreal Tournament, my game suddenly got minimized, then closed and eventually rebooted my Win XP box several times (at least eight!). I couldn't get it to stop rebooting so I eventually got it to stop by initiating a power off and I removed the network cable from my cable modem (packets were flying) and I powered off for 5min. I then reconnected everything and was fine. Could this be a UT issue?
Or was I hacked by a script in UT / General?

Here is my setup:

P4 1.8 (Socket 423)
DFI WT70-EC Mobo
256 RDRam PC800
30gb Maxtor HD
GForce 3 Ti200
3 Com Nic
Lite On 24X CDRW

Xp will keep rebooting if there is a problem , its microsoft's way of saying theres no more BSOD anymore :)

Sounds like a hardware driver fault or something generally failed

Try DOCmemory its a free memory checker

You can stop XP rebooting on error by right click on My Computer > properties > Advanced > Start up and recovery > settings

And turn off Automatically restart

9/10 doing the above just gives you the BSOD instead :(

this happens during the game?? might be an error with the drivers... are u experiencing similar stuff in others games??? are u running in opengl? or DX?

what video drivers are you using?

I think it was a flaky Power Cable in my Power Supply. I swapped it and all is cool. (Crosses fingers)

NVIDIA (9/14/01) 2.1.8.3

Using Direct 3D, Not open GL

DX8

~DaMaN

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back