Random Reboots!

No you're probably right, though as you say it could be a faulty PSU. Worth checking out anyway I'd say, sounds like a power problem of some sort to me.

Out of curiousity, what CPU do you have?

I don't appreciate such an .. hmm .. can SP2 affect in some way or another his problem ? I don't think so .

Cosmin

Cosmin said:
I don't appreciate such an .. hmm .. can SP2 affect in some way or another his problem ? I don't think so .

Cosmin
Your issue doesn't look like it would be SP2 related. It looks to be faulty RAM is all. Have you run memtest?

I agree with Xie cosmin, Run Memtest or try moving your DIMMs around and booting with 1 stick at a time and see if you can run stable.
I hope this helps...

Now back to djakrl...
I doubt SP2 would hinder performance, I have yet to see an adverse reaction to SP2, on any fairly recent machine... please answer these questions for us to help you, we have asked several times...
1) when did your power issues start?
2) did you recently install anything new? What about other people, did they install anything new?
3) ARe you using peltiers for cooling?
4) Have you installed ANYTHING else which needs power from the CPU?
5) PLEASE.. Like we all have been asking.. give us the TOTAL system specs... if its an intel 4 give type 478 pin vs LGA775, is it a Regular, Prescott or Extreme? Have you upgraded CPUS recently? If so, did you make sure your CPU clamp is securely in place?
6) how long have you had the memory?
7) do you have a bios temp sensor?

If it is a Temperature problem, which it sounds like to me, it is a safety issue the CPU is shutting itself down to make sure you dont burn it out... try leaving it on as long as possible.. wait til it powers itself down, then in approx 20 secs see if you can touch the CPUs Heatsink without having to pull away real fast... if it is still scalding hot to the touch your CPU fan could be bad, or your heatsink has a bad heat transfer connection to your CPU.. I hope something on this post helps... but with no diagnostic beeps or more information we cant help you help yourself..
Good luck, keep us posted...

A+
Net+
Sec+
Server+
General Dynamics
Senior Technical Services Representative
US CENTCOM HQ
MacDill AFB
Tampa, FL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back