Random Freezing in Games

B

bossdodgers

Hi

I have practically sorted out all of my problems that i encountered after my SP1 horrors but there is one thing that has still got me.

I had mega problems with all of my games freezing and tried everything including every Driver possible and the best i have got is the games now only freeze for about 5 seconds and then play normally again until the next random freeze which can happen anytime , sometimes every 5 mins and sometimes i can go for an hour. It is very random.

My Specs :

AMD Athlon 1.4 DDR (PC2100)
512MB DDR
Geforce3 Ti 500
Soundblaster Audigy
Windows XP

The drivers i am using now which are the only drivers that let the freeze correct itself after a few seconds are the 40.72 with the fix.

All the other drivers just freeze and stay froze.

I have moved the card away from any other cards and i have tried disabling fast write amongst many other things.

The card worked perfectly before SP1.

I have posted previously about the SP1 and reported interesting info about it.

Does anyone know any good tweaks which may resolve this annoying freeze?

The thread you started under Hardware was deleted as it's the same thing. You only need to post your question once, under 1 catagory :)

I posted it in Hardware and Games because my problem is related to both of these categories because the Games are freezing and it is the Hardware that is causing it.

I would appreciate it if you would re-instate my add into Hardware please as it is Hardware related and i wasnt aware that you could only post once!!!

If that happenned it would be posted twice again wouldn't it. Honestly everyone that visits this board will see your post here. :)

As for your problem check your cooling. It could be a heat issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back