random freezes

S

sk8caliguy00

I dont know what I did but its happening more and more often. I will be doing something and everything will freeze. Although I can move the mouse around but cant click anything and in 20 sec-60 sec. it will come back and anything i clicked on will open up. I have a amd athlon xp 2600+ 2.08ghz with 768 mb ram. I have defraged my hd and my page file. Checked my processes and startup programs and everything seems fine. The only thing I can think of it that its NAV 2004 scanning in the backround or something, but my cpu usage isent high.
Another thing i thought it might be is that I used a program to patch my uxtheme.dll so that I can run non microsoft themes and I would get warnings every now and then that a system file has been modified and your system is unstable please insert your windows xp sp1 disk which i dont have a sp1 disk just a xp home disk and it wouldent work when I put it in. But this warning doesnt happen because I used a registry tweak to turn it off because I have read about it when using this patch and its sometimes happens.

Sorry for the long post but just trying to explain everything. Post if have any ideas.

just a guess but it very well could be norton 2k4 ... i'm only saying that based upon my own experience w/ it. i would have programs take a few minutes to open that normally opened right up ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back