Random floppy seeking

Eiji

OSNN Addict
I just reinstalled XP and everything and whenever I am browsing through Windows the floppy drive seeks for no apparent reason. It does this like atleast once a minute and sometimes a couple of times in a row.

What is causing this? The floppy drive itself works fine so it must be something to do with Windows.

Please help :dead:

Yeah, me too but not that often and not all the time.

Under some conditions and with some applications running I've notice a system hang while empty drives are checked for media. I have not tracked it down to the specific program yet.

I could not find anything on the problem doing searches of MS or the web.

One thing to check is that with whatever antivirus you are using you have check floppy drive turned OFF.

If your AV is scanning the disk in background that could also be an issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back