• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ramdisk xp pro

F

fatboy

I have just aquired this tool and was wondering if any of you have any tips on what I can do with it, I'm wanting to know if I can add copying software into the ram disk and would it make a difference to the speed at which I burn ????

Thank You. :D

A

allan

In my opinion, unless you are running a large datacentric program (uses a large, dynamic database), ramdisks are pretty useless in XP. Some people put Temp Internet Files there. Just remember the memory is completely dynamic & volatile - when you shut down the system everything in the ramdisk is lost.

A

allan

No, of course not. :)

But whatever is in the ramdisk at the time the system is shut down or reboots will be wiped out, so yes - if it's data you need then it has to be backed up before shutdown.

Hmm I run a ramdisk and that particular program, but sorry don't talk to rude people, especially those that bite the hand that feeds them. :mad:

suggest you continue your quest. :rolleyes:

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
Hey, less of the rude comments Fatboy. We all use these forums and people flaming each other just gets threads closed.

So now for a calming kitten :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies