RamDisk settings

T

tyk82002

What are the best settings for a ramdisk to make internet pages faster. I'm trying to figure out how many bytes per sector, sectors per track, tracks per cylinder, and sectors per cluster.

First off, the RamDisk uses your Ram so your bytes per sector etc shouldn't matter. What you have to do is decide how big your RamDisk will be, then transfer your IE cache to that drive. This by itself should increase the speed of your webpages.
You should also do the same for your system temp directories.

Using a RAMdrive for Temp Internet files didn't speed up anything on my box.

The only thing it did was cause problems. Whenever I downloaded a very large file (larger than 50 megs) like Linux ISOs (650 megs each), the file would get truncated to 30 MB and wouldn't open after the download was done.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back