ramdisk and system restore

C

cbskin

i'm using ramdisk xp pro, and set 30 mb for s:. however, the system restore in XP has been suspended becos "not all drives have enough disk space, free at least 200mb". but my ramdrive only have 30mb, how can i free 200 mb?? i've turned off the system restore in S:, but the problem still here...pls help!

Thats a tough one , if you have disabled s: in the system restore

Maybe give the guys who made it a email ?

they may have the answer

I assume you are running a large database. If not, the ramdrive is doing little if any good, and apparently causing a problem.

i'm not using a large database..... since my HD is slow, i just use the ramdrive for the "temp internet files"... i need both the ramdrive and the sys. restore, any clues? thx for helping

If you can, take out the ramdrive and do your system restore. After you're done, just plug it back in. I hope this helps...

lol.. you misunderstood darksiege a ram drive does not really exist...it's just ram being used as a harddrive until the computer is shut off. if you turn off the ram drive you lose all data in it

Have you choosing the ram drive in system restore, and instead of setting it to off, just set it to use 0%?

I'm not a real big fan of ramdrives in XP unless you have a large data-centric application you need running in the background. Does it really make that much of a speed difference for your browsing? If not, I'd really suggest you just lose it.

I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but just my opinion. As for the problem it's causing with system restore, does the system restore module see your ram disk as a drive? If so, just set the space allocation to near zero (or completely disable it).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back