RAMBUS memory

randmdavis

OSNN Junior Addict
I have a hp vectra vl600 733 mhz tower with 1 stick of rambus 700 mhz non ecc memory in it. I have 2 sticks of rambus 800-45s and it won't work with this computer. Is there any changes I have to make anywhere to get it to work? The computer keeps rebootong with this memory in it.

Rambus memory usually has to be installed in pairs, are you sure it's rambus that you have in there now?

Are you running the latest BIOS version for your board? Updated to the latest may give you the capability to run the faster memory, but you still cannot mix the speeds!

firehawk said:
Rambus memory usually has to be installed in pairs, are you sure it's rambus that you have in there now?

Are you running the latest BIOS version for your board? Updated to the latest may give you the capability to run the faster memory, but you still cannot mix the speeds!

I have 1 stick of 128 rambus 700 mhz with a crimm in the other slot, i'm trying to change to 2 sticks of 128 800-45s for a total of 256. will do a bios update, but was there aything else i might need to do or is there anything in the bios that i've got to change.

Nope, the rest should be automatic. You are taking your old stick out right? Make sure you put the new in there corresponding banks and the remaining bank has to have CRIMMs in it.

firehawk said:
Nope, the rest should be automatic. You are taking your old stick out right? Make sure you put the new in there corresponding banks and the remaining bank has to have CRIMMs in it.

only have 2 banks will put 1 stick of 128 in each bank. my bios versio is HY.01.05us. after looking at hp site i can't determine which one to get, can you tell me which one. thanks

firehawk said:

thanks a bunch, found out that 1 stick was bad, tried 1 stick with crimm and it worked, then tried the other stick with the crimm and it wouldn't work.

thanks again my friend
james

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back