RAMBUS memory

randmdavis

OSNN Junior Addict
I have a hp vectra vl600 733 mhz tower with 1 stick of rambus 700 mhz non ecc memory in it. I have 2 sticks of rambus 800-45s and it won't work with this computer. Is there any changes I have to make anywhere to get it to work? The computer keeps rebootong with this memory in it.

Rambus memory usually has to be installed in pairs, are you sure it's rambus that you have in there now?

Are you running the latest BIOS version for your board? Updated to the latest may give you the capability to run the faster memory, but you still cannot mix the speeds!

randmdavis

OSNN Junior Addict
firehawk said:
Rambus memory usually has to be installed in pairs, are you sure it's rambus that you have in there now?

Are you running the latest BIOS version for your board? Updated to the latest may give you the capability to run the faster memory, but you still cannot mix the speeds!
I have 1 stick of 128 rambus 700 mhz with a crimm in the other slot, i'm trying to change to 2 sticks of 128 800-45s for a total of 256. will do a bios update, but was there aything else i might need to do or is there anything in the bios that i've got to change.

Nope, the rest should be automatic. You are taking your old stick out right? Make sure you put the new in there corresponding banks and the remaining bank has to have CRIMMs in it.

randmdavis

OSNN Junior Addict
firehawk said:
Nope, the rest should be automatic. You are taking your old stick out right? Make sure you put the new in there corresponding banks and the remaining bank has to have CRIMMs in it.
only have 2 banks will put 1 stick of 128 in each bank. my bios versio is HY.01.05us. after looking at hp site i can't determine which one to get, can you tell me which one. thanks

randmdavis

OSNN Junior Addict
firehawk said:
thanks a bunch, found out that 1 stick was bad, tried 1 stick with crimm and it worked, then tried the other stick with the crimm and it wouldn't work.

thanks again my friend
james

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut