Ram Question

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
I have 1024MB PC2100 Ram, how can i load everything in there at startup to use more then 322MB at start?

Put everything in your startup folder in the start menu. Could pose a bit more of a drain than anticipated though. :eek:

Download a program like sumorize load it with a lot of heavy scripts and put it on the startup...

322mb is a LOT. i only use 105mb.

do you want to use more so less of the pagefile is being used? or just want to fill up your memory for some reason?

what programs can i use and what should i put in there, like loading Windows into ram and so forth?

you don't need to put anything in there. if you go to play a game or open a program, it will load into memory. that's what it's for... programs you have running.

i know that i was just wondering if there were any other programs out there

a ramdrive is like a small hd make of ram instead of an actual hd, they have programs that allow you to make portions of your ram into a small hd, look it up and see if its what you need

i know that, but when you restart all data is flushed out, what program keeps the info in there?

The RAM always resets when restarting. Never store anything important on a RAM-drive. If you want the RAM-drive on startup try putting a shortcut to the command file (.bat) in the startup folder.

if u want to stop using the pagefile... just disable it or give it a small amount of hdd space - it cant use what u dont give it.

(i did read once before bout if u disable pagefile, it just runs stuff via the hdd anyway but in numerous files rather than just in pagefile.sys - hence id recommend more setting pagefile to 100mb or less)

you can't load XP to memory on loading.

RAM just doesn't work that way.

Regret purchasing so much RAM now don't ya :)

There is no point having that much ram. 512 is all you need. Unless your running like 10 copies of Photoshop with a 99 Undo Memory

actually i think 1 gig or 768 would be better then 512 becuase i have 448 which isnt that far away from 512 and yeaterday my computer almost crashed on me because i was working in photoshop had an IE6 browser open and was listening to windows media player. first time it ever happened very strange

well... u had 2 really crap programs running!!!!

Windows Media Player and IE6 =P

use mplayer2... far more efficient.

IE6... pffttttt.... i'm heavily biased towards Mozilla so i won't mention it =P

theres always gonna be something in the future that needs u to have more ram... if u aint planning on upgrading the cpu for a while, u may aswell get more ram. 512mb might be enough for most ppl... but not for all

and when u need to get it later... RAM is of course cheaper....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back