Ram Prices

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
i dont know if this is just canada or not but what is up with the ram prices??? like a 512 ddr 2700 was about $170 after xmas- then to $180 about a week ago now it is going up to like $215, is this just canada, this is everywhere i go here and they all say that is it going to keep going up, and if it is not just canada, does anyone know why it is going up

Originally posted by canadian_divx
i dont know if this is just canada or not but what is up with the ram prices??? like a 512 ddr 2700 was about $170 after xmas- then to $180 about a week ago now it is going up to like $215, is this just canada, this is everywhere i go here and they all say that is it going to keep going up, and if it is not just canada, does anyone know why it is going up

where I buy my stuff from I have bought each of my ddr clips of 512 mb @ 130 dollars...

it does fluctuate and had gone up to around 145-150... but its back down to the 130 odd range...

ok
also that is US funds so it kinda works out but why so dammed expencive, i rember not to long ago where a 512 was $115 canadian

ok
also that is US funds so it kinda works out but why so dammed expencive, i rember not to long ago where a 512 was $115 canadian

I think the ddr makers are trying to drive up prices coz they thought it was too low...

sdram and ddr sdram were the same price practically... thats cutting into their profit margins...

why dont they just make it cheap so that people buy the DDR and not the old SDram so that will in time fase out the old ram, that way there would be room more a newer kind

why dont they just make it cheap so that people buy the DDR and not the old SDram so that will in time fase out the old ram, that way there would be room more a newer kind

why?

I thought I explained it :)

profit margins... you need to be able to pay for those billion dollar fabs in the long run you know :) and profit margins are important... the semi conductor makers do not make as much profit per chip as they used to...

therefore what they are doing is keepnig the sdr prices where they are and increasing the ddr to where they think it should be...

overall they are both dropping in price :) but not as much as they were not so long ago...

i heard 2 weeks ago that they were going to run up memory prices again like they did a year or so ago. so knew it was coming. just the weekend i was going to go get some, figures.......

they make a huge bunch.. drop prices to get computers sold for holidays and empty warehouses for end of year. then boost price until the next cycle.... they've done it 2 years in a row now......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back